Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Summer 2013: August 7

79 degrees today.  Stars were out when I exercised, cloudy now.  Rain? 
Spent over $900 yesterday on correcting what, in my opinion, illustrates  incompetence on the part of the plumbers (Arlington Plumbing) and the builder (Grant and Company).  Defects included the dishwasher not being hooked up to hot water (meaning we have been washing dishes in cold water all these years), defective parts in faucets and stools,  etc.  Now we have to correct the squeaking in all the doors etc.   If we ever build a house again, I plan on an inspector being there all the time.  Overall we love the house, but the defects like these shouldn't have happened.
I will be so glad when the political season is over.  While I realize they may be necessary the campaign signs make me feel like I am living in an unregulated commercial zone.  I dread the thought that it is still a month and 1/2 to the election.
English Garden did an excellent job of replacing the bushes.  The yard looks so nice now, I"ll try to get some pictures.   

No comments: