Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Summer 2013 August 28

72/74 degrees.  Coolish tinge to the weather.  I was surprised when I was at the Courter Reunion in Kansas in July how much more hot and muggy it is at night and in the morning.  It is almost always relatively pleasant here at night and early morning no mater how hot it gets during the day.
Listening to "The Willpower Instinct" still.  Today involved the power of  the "white bear" (trying not to think about a White Bear, and of course that is all you can think about) and how it relates to willpower as far as behavioral changes regarding smoking, dieting, spending etc.  It is a great book and I am going to buy a physical copy so I can study it.  
August is almost over.  I really noticed this morning how it gets light in the morning so much later than it used to.  The passage of time, something you can't control.
I am about to "upgrade" my New York Times subscription to 7 days per week, (now I have only Friday, Saturday, Sunday), a decision I may regret, due to the lack of time.  I am just amazed I can get the latest edition delivered to my door step at 3:30 a.m. each morning!  That is just amazing.
Actually have no evening meetings until next Tuesday and that is the only one next week.  And Monday is a holiday!  

No comments: