Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Summer 2013 August 27


73/74 degrees.  Definite coolness in air and I really notice the shorter days of sunlight now.
Still listening to the "Willpower Instinct".  This morning's segment included the power of suggestion in how decisions are made. I definitely need to get a copy of this book!  Maybe I will even offer to instruct a class in it for discussion purposes, or at least I will look to see if anyone if offering a discussion group on this.  One part this morning also reviewed the power of committing to an action, in this case an e-mail to someone you didn't know in the group, asking if that person had kept their commitment.  
I live by the minute in the "hyper time" of the early morning.  I know, almost to the minute what time I will be doing something based on when I get up and if I dither or not before I walk (answering e-mails etc.).  
The Lakeland political campaign has been interesting to observe (fortunately I can't participate).  It has certainly been a stage of a variety of behaviors. 
The power of WD-40 is amazing.  I have always thought it is something of a wonder product and it came through again.  Ever since we moved into our house we have been assaulted with the noise of squeaking doors.  I even planned to take off the doors and soak the hinges (well, the little bolt thing) in oil.  I tried some WD-40 on the doors over the weekend and, wonder of wonders, it worked and we now have silent doors.  (If I could just use it on some people or stereo systems!)
My newspaper carrier is wonderful.  He comes by almost every morning at about the same time and rarely misses a newspaper or fails to get it in a good place on my driveway.  Best of all, he is early enough I can get the papers after my walk.  

No comments: