Friday, July 08, 2016

2016 Summer July 8 Friday



72 degrees this morning, no walk, traveling.

Left St. Louis in heavy rain.  Plane was about an 1 1/2 hour late, although that wasn’t  really a problem for us.  

Their is an air of temporary travelers in the permanency of the airport and the airport workers that always intrigues me.  I wonder what the permanent workers think and how they feel about seeing an entirely new group of travelers on a continuous basis.   I assume they get used to it and don’t think about it.

Flight was “sitting” all the  way, no walking around due to turbulence etc.  Of course, it was only an hour flight.

Landed in Kansas City, the airport I like least due to it’s design.  It is a design that makes it hard to get anywhere and find anything (plus instructions aren’t good).  

The security is also very weird and once you go through security, you are in a small area with no bathrooms etc., so if you want to go to the bathroom, you have to go through security again!  I am surprised they haven’t done something to change that. 

Picked up a rental car (didn’t care for the rental car, but then what else is new!) and drove to the hotel.  

Westport area of Kansas City, which is an interesting and varied part of the city.  Staying at the 816 Hotel, which is a unique hotel in the area.  

One of the reasons (will, the only reason) we stayed at 816 Hotel is it had a  shuttle to the Kansas City Royals baseball game.  We saw another side of life as our seats (I bought them on Stub Hub) were in the “diamond” area, which included seat service etc. and were absolutely wonderful seats.   Better yet, no one was in front of us blocking the view or going in and out in front of  us.  

Many years ago, (actually in 1998) Aliene and I were in San Francisco and we went to a Giants game (they played the Texas Rangers).  Again, we had great seats (maybe better even then last  night), but it was so cold we had to leave early (this was in late June!)  

We didn’t realize that there is almost never a “warm night” in San Francisco, it gets very cold at night even in the summer. 

We are heading west today, by car.  Thus far  our trip has included transportation by plane, train, shuttle bus and car.  

The Courter Reunion is this weekend, something I always look forward too.  Since it is over a weekend, you can just relax and visit, knowing you don’t have to rush to get visits in. 

Had some wild dreams last night. Since the dream was part of my vacation, I’ll go ahead and note it. 


7-8-16 Dream 

Only remember parts of really wild dream.  Dreamed I was going in some kind of bicycle tour, which was long distance.

I keep thinking about starting, but never actually got started.  There was something about signs and a reason for the bicycle ride.

Part of the dream, I was riding down the highway and passed a person on roller blades going down the highway and thought about it being part of the effort, probably anything regarding physical activity.  

Confusing as to why I never got started, I keep waiting for a sign to indicate what I was doing.

Along with that, I dreamed (this was sited at a house we lived in in Waldo, Kansas), that a bunch of people had partied in the back yard (no fence) and left a bunch of beer bottles on the ground.  I talked to the Sheriff about ti and was advised they also did some other illegal things (don’t recall what).

Along with that, I was having cramps in my legs and keep dreaming about getting the right size of jeans (or slacksI).  Not sure what that was about.


That’s it for now, Friday, July 8, 2016.

No comments: