Friday, July 15, 2016

2016 Summer July 15 Friday



73 degrees this morning.  Lightning and Thunder storm, no walk

Friday already!  The Summer is going too fast!  

Big lightning and thunder storm during night.  I slept through most of it, just waking up enough to  realize I couldn’t walk!  Actually, I”m not sure how much it rained, but there was a lot of lightning and thunder.

I don’t have the “Pokeman” app and have no desire or intention to get it!  Actually, it seems like a lot of trouble for just a game with no real result.

However, it is interesting in several aspects, first of all the technology and second why the craze for such a game. 

The craze is somewhat similar to “Angry Birds”, another app I never bothered to get or had any desire to get.  And of course the other crazes and fads that have come up over the years.  

The technology is rather interesting, although I’m not sure if I want to open my phone up to advertisers and the resulting scammers etc. putting imaginary objects on my phone. 

Starting to read more again.  While I have always have read a lot, I have somewhat gotten away from reading fiction.  I have discovered several new authors I really like.  I think it is a matter of priorities again, deciding what is important.  

The choices of how to spend your time have grown so much over the past decades.  Computers, the internet, etc. all can take up time and are generally substitutes for reading.  

Even though I have a lot more “free” (i.e., non-work time) since I basically work a 40 hour week, as they say activities expand to fit the time available!  

I have gotten a lot more particular about what I read.  I was beginning so much of the fiction was simply become repackaged and basically a plot that is repeated and they probably used a computer to fill in the words.  Obviously there is a lot more fiction that is much more thoughtful than that. 

I am finding the physical newspapers are taking a lot less time and becoming much less important in my life.  Probably will start considering whether to continue taking them or not.  I still enjoy them when I have the time to read them, but they are becoming less of a priority for my time.  

Part of the reason, quite frankly, is that the local newspaper just isn’t that good.  Means I can read it fast, but, on the other hand, I like to read it for some of the news I can’t get anywhere else.  

Some of the internet news sources have allowed advertising to be so intrusive that I just quit  reading them as a source.

However, I think the major problem is that unbiased news is so difficult to get anymore, in fact I don’t think it even exists anymore.  Every source, from all the ranges, try to get their opinion across, or their special viewpoint.  And, of course, if you don’t believe like they do, you’re wrong or an idiot, or prejudice or whatever.  

It doesn’t seem to matter what the viewpoint is, instead of unbiased news, it is always slanted to somehow support whatever your viewpoint is.  

Looking forward to the weekend and the opportunity to catch up on some things and just to have the opportunity to relax after our trip etc.


That’s it for now, Friday, July 15, 2016. 

2 comments:

Packers Movers Bangalore said...

This paragraph presents clear idea in favor of the new people of blogging, that genuinely how to do blogging.Here is my website;
Packers And Movers Bangalore

Moving Solutions said...

Hiring packers and movers in Gurgaon is not too hard if you take help of the best moving professionals. Best movers and packers Gurgaon assist with their skilled and trained team to pack, load, unload and unpack your belongings.
So be aware and hire the best mover packer to save your valuables.
packers and movers Gurgaon
packers and movers Gurgaon Charges