Sunday, July 24, 2016

2016 Summer July 24 Sunday


82 degrees this morning, Walk 36:15 minutes

Hot weather continues, which is great for me!  I enjoy it and do not look forward to cold weather at all.

Listening to my book during my walk this morning, the phrase “He wrote the truth, so everyone hated him” (or words to the effect that if you tell the truth, you will upset everyone.)

While I am sure that is correct, I think it is a large step to define anything as the absolute “truth”. The writer may believe it to be true, or it may be true at the time, but I doubt that any writer or speaker knows the complete “truth” and there is always room for discussion and changes. 

I think the overload of information and the slanting of news by even what once was considered legitimate news media (print, broadcast, radio and internet included) has made it impossible to define “truth”.  

It almost appears that “truth” is what the writer or speaker believes and you can almost be assured 100% that what they are writing or saying is not the “truth”, it is only their slanted and distorted version of events or of a situation or what a “sponsor” pays them to say. 

Even reviewing different sources of the same event, sometimes you wonder if you are reading about the same event, there are so many different versions, based on the perspective of the person reporting the news or (more likely) what they, or someone paying them want you to believe, not the real truth.  

Anyway, so it is probably a waste of time to get mad about someone telling the “truth” because it isn’t the truth anyway.  

A lot of history and philosophy is people attempting to get to the “truth” or to “prove” something.  Like “the journey is the goal”, 

I think it is essential that people attempt to further knowledge or whatever, but the “truth” or “proof” may be changed by either events, other people working on the same knowledge or even the beliefs of the person performing the analysis.  

I don’t really believe out of a lot of babble an essential truth emerges.  Junk is junk.  

I can say it is “true” that I enjoy sitting on the patio on warm summer morning!  I guess that is bout as close to the “truth” as any statement!  

I can pretty well tell you when my neighbors sprinkler systems start, etc.  While it is still too early for people to go to work, when I ride my bicycle, I have a good idea by now of when people go to work, which car is likely to be backing out etc.  

This isn’t nearly as good as my beloved patio in Lakeland, but it is nice, especially in the morning.As I have mentioned, a root needs to be put over the patio for us to really use it much in the evening.

I have started eating breakfast in the morning on the patio, which is very nice.  It is still coolish and provides a good start to the day.  

Weekend is already half over.  I treasure Summer weekends, even if I just stay inside!    

Of course, here, “summer” usually lasts until late September and then October, November and early December are still relatively pleasant.  


That’s it for now, Sunday, July 24, 20016.

No comments: