Monday, July 25, 2016

2016 Summer July 25 Monday



81 degrees this morning, walk 35:36 minutes

Last week of July 2016!  As I bemoan frequently, time (especially the Summer) goes so fast!  It is hard to believe August is almost here.  

Taking a break from weight lifting today.  I don’t know if I lift enough weight that I even need to take a break, but I find as long as it is one day, I come back refreshed.  

I have found it helps to take a one or two day break from bicycling, at least while I am trying to get my “bicycle legs” back!  I seem to come back with stronger legs than before the break so it seems to help.

I am gradually increasing my bicycling distance and time.  I don’t have a “plan” as such, just keep bicycling and increase a little as I am able on a regular basis. 

Also decided to follow my own advice and try to get more time during the “hyper-time” of the day.  I call from when I get up to when I go to work “hyper-time” since it seems to go so fast.  

Anyway, instead of taking a shower, shave etc. after I walk and then a short shower after I bicycle, I am going to only take a shower after I bicycle.  Doesn’t sound like much time, but it could be as much as 20 minutes which is a lot during hyper time.  

On the other hand, I may decide it feels so good to take a shower after my walk I will continue to do it.  

Sitting on the patio, hearing a dog barking in the distance.  Thank goodness I can’t hear it from inside the house.  It is one of those does with the especially annoying high-pitched yap.  Nothing against dogs, but I prefer not to hear them bark!  

Of course, I have to wonder why the dog is barking and hope it is ok.  Kind of like there may be a  reason why a baby is crying.  On the other hand, the dog may just like to bark.

Should be getting the sprinkler system fixed this week.  I have to wonder about what the previous owners were thinking when they lied about the sprinkler system working and just being “winterized” and lied that it didn’t have numerous defects.  I like to sleep at night and not have to wonder about someone coming after me for lying.  

Sometimes I think it is just easier to pay it and not worry about it, but then you are rewarding homeowners who lie and lazy house inspectors.

Our car will have it’s 4 year warranty expire today (We are just under the 50,000 mile part of the guarantee) and my MacBook Air warranty expires in early August.  Hopefully, they will continue to operate satisfactorily with no problems.

Normally, I would be looking to buy another laptop, but since Apple computer shut down the “one to one” program, I have no incentive buy another one.  They really haven’t made any major improvements anyway, I really don’t plan to buy another Apple computer until they have a touch screen.  

What really irritates me about Apple Computer is they just quietly quit doing something and don’t bother to announce it, almost like they are hiding it.  I found out about the “one to one” program being stopped by accident.  

However I will never (based on present and expected circumstances) buy any phone than an iPhone or tablet other than an iPad.  Certainly I will never buy another Samsung product, or a Sony product.

I have documented my problems with Samsung, and some years ago we bought two Sony tv’s from Best Buy and the end result was we will never buy another Sony product or anything from Best Buy.  

Anyway, live and learn.  I am learning fast that I am not going to sign anything until it is reviewed by an Attorney.  If they need it faster than that, I don’t need to sign it!  


That’s it for now, Monday, July 25, 2016.  

No comments: