Saturday, July 16, 2016

2016 Summer July 16 Saturday



77 degrees this morning.  31:01 minute walk

Light rain when I started walking this morning, but the rain stopped, so I decided to go ahead with at least a short walk.  Some sprinkles while walking, but just enough to keep me close to home!  I was glad I could get some exercise in, even if not the full amount.  

However, it didn’t rain enough to stop me from sitting on the patio.  

The one thing we really don’t like about this house is the lack of an adequate roof on the patio.  The builder wasn’t  thinking.  

Listening to Will Durant “The Story of Civilization”.  I didn’t look to see how long it was, but I actually started it when “War and Peace” vaped out and started over again.  I was on my walk, so I didn’t want to take a lot of time and thought I’d listen until I finished my walk and start something else.

Instead I got rather interested in it, at least for now.  

I have a feeling my repurposed iPhone 3 will soon need to be repurposed for another use, probably music only and perhaps photos.  It has more then served it purpose.  

My “original iPod” (with a small hard drive in it rather than the storage they use now) started doing the same thing, freezing while listening to audiobooks and then restarting from the beginning. 

One thing I really don’t like about digital audiobooks is is is almost impossible to find your place when it restarts.  Or at least it is impossible within my realm of patience!  

I am glad the sprinkler system is working, at least to the extent that it can maintain the grass and plants etc. on some type of lifeline.  I don’t run it on a regular basis yet, just as “test all valves”. I still some concerned about leaks etc. 

While it is impossible to gauge the efficacy of “LED” light bulbs, I noted a relatively substantial decrease in our electrical use after we installed the LED bulbs.  Of course there are a lot of other reasons it could have decreased.  

Now that AC season is here, it will be impossible to tell if we are saving anything or not!   

I am an LED light bulb fan, I think not having to replace them every six months (or more) is well worth the money in itself.  Of course, the light bulbs may outlast the light fixture! 

The Turkey coup was rather interesting.   I assumed it would be successful, but suddenly everything turned around!  For some reason I was surprised that a coup was attempted in Turkey, I realized there was some instability, but didn’t realize it was that much.

One thing I have debated about retirement is having the time and energy to follow the news better and do things that interested me.  However, I enjoy my job and even though the pay isn’t near what I”d like at least it is something and, as they say, the benefits are wonderful, especially for Aliene and I, are excellent and worth a lot in themselves.  

Thinking about time passing, it already being July 16, 2016.  Time will pass regardless of whether I want it to or not, so I am just trying to hang on and enjoy myself, or at least make it a rewarding time.

I really notice the passage of time in children.  The rapid changes in both their physical and personality are truly amazing.  

I can see now why people were always comment about “how we had grown” when I was growing up!  

I plan on enjoying the weekend.  No firm plans but just enjoy the routine or non-routine of the weekend! 


That’s it for now, Saturday, July 16, 2016. 

No comments: