Saturday, July 23, 2016

2016 Summer July 23 Saturday



79 degrees this morning, walk 36:23 minutes

Pondering about buying clothes etc., things that last for a long time.  

I always though it is rather pushy for someone to expect you to make a decision on something you are going to have for a long time in a few brief minutes or hours. 

Examples of such things are not only houses and cars, but also clothing (especially shoes etc.), including appliances etc.  

Considering that if you overlook anything missing that is key to your enjoyment of an item,, or it isn’t just quite right.

I always, in theory, use the “3 day rule”, that I don’t buy something for three days that I am likely to keep for awhile.  Of course, whether I follow it or not is another matter.  

You always get the feeling it won’t be around for 3 days, or that you are taking to much time to make a decision etc.  When you think about it, only the person buying and living with the it can really decide when they are ready to buy it.  

Actually, my thoughts on this came up because of shoes.   Shoes of course need be comfortable, but also have to look good or be the right type.  However, when you purchase a pair of shoes, you can figure on living with them for a number of years.  

Ditto with coffee makers.  While I like the coffee maker i recently bought at Sams and am glad I bought it, it has a design problem.  I have decided that any “special purchase” at Sams will probably have some kind of design problem, be obsolete or otherwise have a problem that the manufacturer wanted to get rid of it cheap.  

That has been true with Sam’s items from a cd player to a satellite clock to the coffee maker I just bought.  I’m not sorry I bought the coffee maker, the design problem is on the cover of the water storage area.  

Another very strong and strange dream. I don’t remember a large portion of it.  

7-22-16:  Dream

Dream Aliene and I were someplace, in a desert type of area.  

At first it seemed like the area we live in now.  

She asked me to go get something ( I can’t remember what).

I took off and soon the terrain changed.  I felt like I had missed a turn.

I started going in a hilly area and went in to an area where there was a small city of tents selling (I believe) American Indian crafts 

I walked through and kept thinking I needed to get the items for Aliene.

I started walking for the car I had parked and suddenly was walking on top of a mountain trail. 

The trail was like a “single track” at the very top of the mountain, it was narrow.

I got to the end and looked down ands valleys and snow and mountains.

I thought, “i’m not where we live anymore”, Aliene will will get worried.

They I realized I had trapped myself at the top of the mountain.  

I finally dropped down a cliff.  I looked and saw more mountains.

Then I woke up.

A strange and almost disturbing (for some reason) dream.  


That’s it for now, Saturday, July 23, 2016

No comments: