Monday, July 18, 2016

2016 Summer July 18 Monday


79 degrees this morning.  Walk 36:11 miles.

Out on the patio this morning, listening to the soft wind blowing through the trees.  

Starting another  week of “normal’/routine activities  It is good to get out of the routine, it is good to get back into it.  

Overall good weekend, seemed to go fast, but then the week goes fast also.  

Plan on getting back into bicycling this morning, disrupted by our vacation, getting the bike tuned up and a maintenance check, storms and other activities.  

I have found I enjoy exercise more if I don’t get over excited about reaching any set goals.  At least thus far, I gradually increase my exercise (both in time and quality).  At least that works for me.

Where I sometimes falter is on not doing some exercises I should do simply because I don’t want to use the time.  That is one of the problems with exercise, it is important to do it, but it does take up a lot of time.  

I am planning on starting some “high intensity” exercise that may actually save some time.  Just getting started reviewing the information on this after settling back in from vacation etc.

I try to make a note of dreams I have that I remember enough to write down.  This dream (yesterday morning) seemed especially realistic.  I have no idea what it means, if anything.  Like all my dreams I remember, I try to note them.

7-17-16  Dream

Very powerful dream that Aliene and I were hosting the family  reunion, probably in our house, but wasn’t the house we live in now.

We were scurrying around getting ready.  

One of the bedrooms spring a water leak, including a tricycle which was in the room.  Why a tricycle in a bedroom and connected to a hose?  All I can figure this is a dream!  (This actually probably somehow relates to a leak I noticed in the sprinkler system.  Not sure how, but….)

I went to another room which was leaning at a weird angle.  

People started socking in and after thinking about the leak, I decided to call a plumber later. I was actually thinking of real life plumbers.

Then people started coming in and not only family members (most of whom were already there) but also many people I knew from past jobs and cities.

For some reason they were coming in the room I was in which was actually a back entrance.   I was changing clothes in the room.

The people from the past cities were very “real” and included both the “quick and the dead”.  I talked to a good friend who had recently passed away and mentioned I had recently been in Kansas City although he didn’t live in Kansas City (at least he didn’t).   Some previous Mayors and employees also were there as well as residents.  

The alarm went off and I woke up.  (I use an alarm for my naps to keep them short so I don’t wake up groggy).

A very strong, realistic dream.  


That’s it for now, Monday, July 18, 2016

No comments: