Saturday, July 30, 2016

2016 Summer July 30 Saturday



75 degrees this morning, walk 36:47 minutes (estimated,forgot to shut off stop watch)

After I commented yesterday morning on how clear the sky was and how I could see all the stars, I was surprised when it came time to ride the bike that it was pouring rain and we were in a heavy lightning and thunder storm!

Obviously I didn’t even think of riding my bike!

One thing I have always feared happened, the recycling bin fell over and recycling material spilled out.  I was able to get it put back in with heavy rain and wind!  The regular trash fell over also, but there wasn’t much in it.  

Since we had the Sprinkler system fixed, it has rained several times, which is kind of the way things seem to happen!

Supposed to be reasonably nice the rest of the week, although you never know  

The annual return to school is starting.  Although I’m not directly involved, the school items start appearing in stores and plans are being made that include school activities. 

I decided to skip weights this morning and give my muscles a rest.   I probably need to alternate exercises daily so I don’t do the same thing all the time.  Routine is so nice though!  I can just go through my exercises without really thinking about it.  

Been reading on interval training/high intensity training.  While I’m not sure if it is for me, I think I will use in in some degree by speeding up my walk and bike ride.  The bike ride actually includes periods of high intensity (going up a hill) and rest periods (when freewheeling down a hill).

I will need to think about  waking, I tend to use walking as a period of reflection, analysis and even planning was I walk eat morning without really seeing anything.  Between listening to my book, thinking and planning, I keep busy during my walk!

The bicycle ride is a little different, in that I don’t listen to anything and am much more aware of my surroundings. 

I can feel my “bicycle legs” slowly  developing.  It is not a fast process by any means. but my legs are much strongly than when I resumed back riding. 

Walking and bicycling  are completely different exercises, at least the way I do it.  I enjoy both, and they both are much different.

Riding the bike, I get the true sense of motion, of gliding along, of the potential of the joy of bicycle riding!

Hard to believe, but it is starting to sprinkle again, may or may not do bike ride this morning. It is a very light sprinkle and I expect  it will not be a problem for bicycling riding. 
(a few minutes later).  However, the rain was enough to  send me back from the patio.  (Another reason we need a roof on it!.  It is fun to sit outside while it is raining, as long as I am out of the rain!

While I don’t ride the bike in the rain (for many good reasons) or  even when it is wet, this rain appears like it is likely to be dry when I ride my bike.  

Good weekend planned, including a birthday party for a one-year old, which is always fun!


That’s it for now, Saturday, July 30, 2016.  

No comments: