Wednesday, July 13, 2016

2016 Summer July 13 Wednesday



81 degrees this morning, walk 36:36 minutes

Sprinkler people came last night and got part of the sprinkler system going again.  They did an excellent job from what I can see.  

Fortunately, the the head person was one of those people who are pride in his job and was actually excited about his work, even after working for 12 hours in the heat (they started at 6 p.m., here and their day starts at 6:30 a.m. and they work all day in the heat etc.  

Somehow he maintained that sense of pleasure at finding the problem and getting it fixed!  

It is too bad there isn’t a way of teaching people to have that sense of excitement about their work, since it makes the day seem much shorter and you are still going to have the work to do so you may as well enjoy it!

I am glad that all of my jobs have allowed me to maintain that sense of excitement about “fixing” something and the thrill you get at getting a job done right!  There is also a sense of inner satisfaction at  getting the job done right.  

I can see why someone enjoys fixing sprinkler systems, cars etc., if you know how to do it, there is the sense of pride in being about to figure the problem out.

Most of all, the poor flowers, plants, trees, shrubs and grass will get a little break and get some water.  I am not one for wasting water, but I realize they need some kind of water during the summer.

The Crepe Myrtles are blooming.  Probably one of my favorite plants, next to or maybe equal to daylily.  

I like them because they bloom in so many different colors and their blooms last so long and they are a summer plant, blooming away when most other plants are hiding out!

Also, they are just pretty to look at and add a lot of accent to an area.

First day at work (after a week) went well, although it was an “office day”.  I had a lot of catching up to do.

Walk this mooning went well.  I like the variety of walks, but I also like the routine of my regular walk, followed by work with barbells and weights.  

Listening to “War and Peace” this morning when it suddenly froze up.  I had to reset it, and of course it started over at the beginning.  There is no way I can find where I was in the book, so I am going to start listening to another book.

Since I was listening on may old iPhone 3, which is now my music and book iPod, I assume the “old” “Audiobooks” app I am listening too is somewhat incompatible with my even older iPhone 3!  
I ran into the same problem with my “original iPad”, eventually it was just not compatible with even the old addition of the “app” I was using.  

I called Audiobooks (when the problem with the original iPad came up) and he was astounded I was listening to such an old app edition (I can think of the right word).  It was like the current app edition was 8.4 and I was listening on the 3.6 edition!   He was totally amazed I was still using that edition (which was they latest one that will work on the original iPad).  I emphasize I have no idea as to the actual numbers!

Back to a “Field Day” today.  I have plenty to do, so that is nice.  

Also, should be getting my bicycle back tonight, which I am looking forward too.

One other note, I got out of the Air Force on July 13, which was a Friday.  My enlistment actually ran out July 15, but since that was on a Sunday, I got out on a Friday!


That’s it for today, Wednesday, July 13, 2016.  

No comments: