Saturday, July 02, 2016

2016 Summer July 2 Saturday



78 degrees this morning.  No walk.  (Helping move, so conserving my energy, or maybe my muscles!)

Today marks 2 years here and 1 year 10 months in my job.  Relatively speaking, we are happy about both, although there are certainly things we miss and things we  definitely don’t like about this area.

But then, there are a lot of things we like, so it definitely is a trade off.

Starting to look for another exercise place, since the YMCA is obviously not interested in serving it’s members, they have other objectives.

I am pleased to note that my plan on bike riding is working somewhat in that I am feeling stronger each day, or at least my legs are feeling stronger each day as I go up hills.  

Hills that used to really challenge me are now much easier.  The good part is I am staring to look froward to my bike ride each morning.  

I also look froward to my walk and actually feel a little disoriented when I don’t walk, although a break of a day or so is nice.  

I have noticed that when I take a break from weights, it is especially good.  I usually don’’t take more than a break of more than one day, unless it is raining, we are traveling etc.

I think walking and bike riding (or any such exercise) provides an opportunity to take a break from the every day routine as well as providing physical exercise.  

We looked at “Golds Gym” last night.  There is one just a short distance from our house (a little longer than the YMCA but not much) and another one that is open 24 hours not too much further away. 

The 24 hour schedule would be valuable in the winter.  

They have a lot of of exercise opportunities, classes etc. and a small swimming pool.  The machines etc. are much nicer than the YMCAj. The pool isn’t as nice, but that is understandable. 

On the other hand, we are debating if we even need a membership in a gym/YMCA etc.  Our HOA actually has a small workout room, although they don’t have the type of exercise bike I like or any of the exercise machines I want to start on.  

The Golds Gym members in the weight area  were impressive to say the least. Probably anyone who works out on a Friday night is very dedicated! 

I continue to be amazed at the sub-animals who blow themselves up and/or kill people for no reason.  What I really wonder about is why they  the news media says they “take credit” for there sub-animal actions, they should say they are “blamed”.  Somehow using the words “take credit” just does’t seem right.  

We have a fairly large toad that has set in out yard for number of years now.  (We actually mouth it in Hot Springs Arkansas). It makes for a unique decoration.  

It is sitting in our back patio now (where I am writing this).  I wonder what other animals think of it, if they  realize it is simply a work of art (so to speak) or if they think it is a large toad?

We actually have a “night toad” again that hangs out under the outside light watching for bugs.  I wish it success.  

The start of a three day weekend.  I always look forward to a three day weekend and try not to schedule so much I don’t get a chance just to hang out!


That’s it for now, Saturday, July 2, 2016.

No comments: