Friday, July 22, 2016

2016 Summer July 22 Friday



81 degrees this morning, walk 35:30 minutes

Temperature (at least according to my car) reached 104 degrees yesterday.  It was not a humid hot, so it really wasn’t that bad.  

Temperature this morning is a “cool” 81 degrees, if that makes any sense.  There is a cooling wind blowing, which of course will turn hot as the day  goes on.  For this area, it is a light wind.  

Time fills so quickly.  I was thinking this morning that my weight training is “only” about 20 minutes, at maximum.  

However, the problem is, I have “only” 20 minutes at weights, 35 minutes at walking (probably 50 by the time you figure dressing for it etc.), 20 minutes to shower etc., 30 minutes for bicycling (probably 45 counting dressing etc.), about 30 minutes writing my post, another 15 minutes for breakfast, several 21 minute naps and suddenly all the time is gone and I wonder where it went!  

If I kept a log (and I really don’t need to since every morning from the time I wake up until I go to work is about the same), I would know exactly where the time went!

I was thinking time was like money, you can spend in in small amounts or large amounts, you can use it for quality or waste it etc.  It is easy to “spend” time in small amounts and wonder where it went, just like money.   

However, time is a lot different in that everyone has the same amount and you really  can’t “borrow” time against future time.  

I could argue the point, i.e., if you have enough money, you can hire someone else to drive, do chores, housework etc.  and therefore actually “buy” time.  However, your time allotted is still the same, it is just how you use it, maybe depending on what you can afford.

You can “borrow” money against future money, but I have been debating if you can actually “borrow” time against future time.

If you commit to do something, you are “committing” future time, but you aren’t really “borrowing” time in the sense that you can use it for something else in the present.  I think that is the key, so while you can “commit” future time, you can’t actually “borrow” time.

I think you could make the case you can “buy time” in the sense that you use time more  efficiently, but you still won’t actually have “more” time. 

It is also impossible to “store” time.  I use time, no matter what.   I can use it for sleeping, working, reading or whatever, but I am using it and I can’t “store”time for the future like money can be “stored” for future use.  

Of course, while I am writing this, time is passing that I will never have again, so I hope I am using time for what I want to use it for!

Maybe I need review how I spend my time and rethink it if I’m not satisfied how I spend my time.  As far as I know, I am relatively satisfied with how I spend my time, I just  wish I had more of it!  

I remember reading about how if you spend 15 minutes a day reading the “Harvard Bookshelf” (or whatever), you would eventually know everything you needed to know.  Of course the problem then was finding 15 minutes you could concentrate on the books.

Now, the problem is there is no way you can even come close to reading, watching or listening to even a portion of the “information” that is available.   Like time, I have been having to set priorities in what kind of information I read, watch or listen to.  It is easy to avoid “celebrity news” (I never was interested anyway), most sports “news” etc. anyway, but that is a topic for another day.


That’s it for now, Friday, July 22, 2016.

No comments: