Saturday, April 30, 2016

2016 Spring April 30 Saturday



51 degrees this morning, no walk (coughing, cold)

Not quite sure what I have, but includes a lot of coughing and sneezing. It just came on suddenly.  

At first I thought it was an allegoric reaction, possibly to auto air conditioning and it may well have been.

However, I had just started some new medicine and one of the “side effects” is it may cause coughing.  Probably no relationship,but you never know.  It seems strange that the coughing etc. shortly after I started taking it (actually the very next day!).

I always hate having a cold etc. because of he time I lose in feeling bad, not being able to exercise etc.  

Took a”survey” on one of our cars this morning. Felt like I had to give feedback, but the “short” survey ended up taking 20 minutes!  That is just too long, although  it gave me a chance to sound off on some of the things I don’t  like about the car.  (Actually very few items I don’t like, but I like the chance  to complain about them!)

I like to take surveys, but abandon them if they appear to basically be sales jobs or take too long to respond to.  

What I really don’t like is a “how did we do” survey that is basically just an attempt to get your e-mail address and then bombard you with sales pitches!  Some of the restaurant are the worst on this.  

Also, I have found they pay little attention to the survey results, especially when “anything less than 10 is considered a 0”.  Makes a joke of surveys.  

I think a good survey would encourage honest opinions rather than be used to punish employees or management.  

High winds, heavy rain and some tornados were around last night, fortunately not in our area.  

Thinking about the surveys, it seems technology is frequently used as a control measure instead of a productively measure.  For example, measuring key strokes etc.  It seems there is a better way of measuring performance and is a waste of technology.  

Nothing wrong with some controls of course, but it seems it frequently is carried to the extreme.  

Light bulbs are starting to go out in our house.  I am looking at LED lights, especially in areas that are hard to replace.

This house is much better than some of our past houses in the matter of light fixtures.  It seems builders have started using the “cheapest” light fixture, even though the difference between the cheap low quality figures really aren’t that much more cheaper than a reasonably good quality fixture.  

You pay for the cheapness for years unless you give up and replace the light fixtures with decent quality fixtures.  

It is another example of the type of thought that puts money first and attempts tot get by with the absolutely cheapest.  I think that is a fallacy and they need to start paying more attention to quality. 


That’s it for now, Saturday, April 30, 2016.

No comments: