Friday, April 08, 2016

2016 Spring April 8 Friday


52 degrees this morning, Walk 47:41 minutes 

Read something last night that stunned me.  A family liked to change pharmacies, in a search for better service, prices etc.  (about as American and legal as you can get).

The man was advised by the pharmacy that the “DEA likes for people to use only one pharmacy so they can  track the medicine you use better”!!!!!!.  They asked him to go back to his previous pharmacy!  

That is about as (any type of repression, name it) you can get, total control by the government in the name of some “emergency” defined by the government (name it, drugs, terrorism,) whatever they want to use as an excuse!

Not to minimize the problem of drugs, terrorism or whatever.  

I think it is absolutely intolerable  that any agency tries such controlling methods!  

I think I will start changing pharmacies every prescription just to protest!  Not really, it is too much trouble, but that is the mindset of some people that you just have to protest. 

Also, I don’t think it applies just to the “government”, we are continually preached to about how we should restrict speech etc. in the name of “(whatever is the thing at the moment).  I get sick of it.  

I don’t know what the name of the movie is but I like the image (if it was truly in the movie) of the person screaming out of the window “I’m mad as hell and I”m not going to take it anymore!”

The idea that we should use a single pharmacy so “the government can watch want we use easier” is a bad sign to say the least!  

On another subject, I was thinking during my walk this morning about the pro basketball team that supposedly the new owners (a group of computer billionaires) who decided that there were “inefficiencies” in the 2 and 3 point shots.

Anyway, I think before they can take the credit for the winning season (they are suddenly in a slump I understand, I wonder if they will take credit for that?) by their skills, not the skills of a player who can shoot a 3 point shot!  

I think I feel several different ways about it.  First of all, I do admire someone for trying something new, even if it is something like a sport.

On the other hand, I feel like many business people, are just as bad as the DEA, “they know what is good for us”.  

I realize it all works out in the end, and, like the thought I use to settle down, “I shouldn’t worry about  something I can’t do anything about”.  and “a minute  of anger displaces 60 seconds of happiness”  (not the actual quote of course, but the idea is the same).
On the other hand, I feel like I should do something about such repressive government actions as the DEA trying to force me to use one pharmacy, or the city government that allows a video billboard right in back of a house etc.  

Had another dream to note:

4-7-16 Dream

Dreamed I was doing someone in a house with a very small narrow stairs  to where I was going, something like an attic.

I went to the office and a man (seemed neither old nor young) helped me with something.

When I was leaving, without thinking, I took the remote to the tv (although I don’t remember watching tv)  a chair and a wrapped newspaper.

I took the items back when I saw them on the landing.

He did not look up or acknowledge me bringing the items back.

In fact, the office was dark and I couldn’t see him.

Another office (at the landing) was open without any doors and I wondered what hours they worked so they weren’t bothered by people.

That is all I remember.


That’s it for now, Friday, April 8, 2016.

No comments: