Thursday, April 21, 2016

2016 Spring April 21 Thursday

2016 Spring April 21 Thursday

55 degrees this morning, Walk 31:29 minutes

The “great cardboard challenge” is tonight.  

As I have mentioned previously, I get this rather weird pleasure in cutting down cardboard boxes and then seeing how many I can fit into the recycling bins.

Of course, in the other city where they weren’t progressive enough to recycle cardboard yet, I tried to see how much I could get into the trash can.

While I don’t dwell on it or become obsessed with it, (I hope!), I have been planning for the past two weeks (they pick up recycling every two weeks) on how I am going to get all the cardboard into the recycling cart, while at the same time getting all the recycling into the cart

It actually takes some planning, believe it or not  I periodically have been putting the torn down cardboard down sides of the cart as the two weeks have progressed, to save space.  

I cut the cardboard down to less than 12 x 12 pieces (usually about 8 x 8 or so, but it varies widely), so I can fit them into the tiny open spaces that develop as we put recycling into the recycling bin.

I have also been crushing all the bottles etc. I can to save space, which I normally do not do

Anyway, this week (Friday is pickup day), specifically tonight or early tomorrow morning, will be the telling point on whether I have accomplished my goal.  

I have decided to throw away in regular trash any cardboard  I can’t get into recycling to give myself some incentive to get the cardboard into the recycling!  

I have a box of cardboard and once I get rid of it (which will be tonight, no matter how I do it), it will give me a lot more room in the garage, so there is a special incentive!  The box of cardboard, actually there were two boxes until last night when I got one box in the recycle bin, occupies a strategic part of the garage that will make a world of difference when it is gone!

Perhaps I let it occupy my mind a little too much, but I really don’t dwell on it, I just think about it when it comes time put the recycling or trash out!  

A challenge is a challenge!  I figure some people do crosswords or whatever, I figure out how to get all the recycling and trash out in the most efficient way!

For some reason, I have never really had any desire to do crossword puzzles.  The enjoyment in it escapes me.  

What is strange is that I really do understand the challenge, and I enjoy working with words.  Somehow, as much as I think I should like crossword puzzles, I don’t, so I don’t even worry about it or look at them anymore.  

I think it might be a matter of time and patience.  I can be very patient with people, but I’m not often patient with situations or items that take up a lot of my time.  

MaybeI just never approached crossword puzzles in the right frame of mind.  I never really enjoyed Agatha Christie novels either and I fall asleep reading P.D. James novels. Never have finished one, I don’t even try anymore.

I tried to read a P.D. James novel once, and I probably couldn’t read 10 pages without falling asleep.  Strange.  

New area today for field work (the person who normally covers it is out for a month or so) today so it will be interesting.  I am looking forward to it.


That’s it for now, Thursday, April 21, 2016.

No comments: