Saturday, April 16, 2016

2016 Spring April 16 Saturday

2016 Spring April 16 Saturday 

64 degrees this morning. No walk (rain clouds almost here)  Probably won’t rain since i decided not to walk!

First baseball game of the season last night (the local AAA team).  Always a little cool until early May, although we dressed for it last night and it wasn’t too bad.  At least it wasn’t bad after the wind went down.

Glad the weekend is here.  Top priority this weekend will be finishing up taxes (like anyone else who hasn’t finished their tax returns yet).

As i mentioned previously, I actually started early (like I always do) and dropped it when I realized were going to owe money.  This weekend, we are just to make one last gasp chance that we can itemize and pay a little less.  

With a full year of house payments, property taxes etc., it won’t be a problem next year!  

I have always somewhat enjoyed doing the actual tax return, I don’t enjoy keeping the records and looking them up.  Fortunately Aliene is very good at that, so it works out well.

Tomorrow will mark two months in the house.  As always, it is amazing how fast time goes.  We have essentially moved in, although we still have a lot to do.  It is nice to have more storage space, although right now I am kind of looking at it and deciding how I am going to use it!  

I am trying to keep on “weeding” items and consciously trying not to purchase any more items.  I have a lot of “antique” stores on my work list and, while I enjoy looking at them, I have absolutely no desire to purchase anything!  

Some of the antique dealers tell me they “refresh” their inventory by keeping many items in their home and then bring them to the store to keep their inventory fresh and new. 

 I guess if you got used to it, it would be ok, but I like the idea of having the same pieces of furniture around for awhile.  

My newspapers now arrive, for the most part, much earlier than they did at the other house.  Different route and carrier.

I am thinking of starting a routine of bicycling to the YMCA (which is only about a 1.5 mile bicycle ride), which is nothing on a bicycle-well,not nothing, but since i need to get ready for it, but not a problem.  

I may start my old routine of riding my bike to the YMCA, reading the papers on the stationary bike and then riding back.  I would like to go swimming, but can’t figure out how I can go swimming and ride the bicycle back, unless there is a fast way to get dry enough to ride the back without getting a cold, especially in winter.  

In Lakeland, my newspapers came really early and the exercise place was open 24/7 (which I really miss), so i can’t work it out quite the same.  

A problem with the YMCA is their limited hours and the special activities they have that disrupt your regular exercise routines.  A paying member seems to be the lowest priority.  

An exercise routine becomes such a part of my life I need to be careful that I set it up, so that I can easily fit it in.  

My priorities in the morning are my walk, which is top priority and at least one nap before I start work.  Probably the weights are the next priority and then I need to fit my bike ride in, which, with the preparation required is a bit more complicated and then fitting swimming in. It may be easier to fit swimming in at noon.  

Going to be a rainy weekend, at lease that is the forecast. I hate to miss my exercise program on a weekend because I feel a little more relaxed about my morning schedule.  


That’s it for now, Saturday, April 16, 2016.

No comments: