Monday, April 18, 2016

2016 Spring April 18 Monday



56 degrees this morning,  light mist, walk 49:13 minutes. 

Rain all day yesterday some very light mist during walk.  Thought about shorter walk, since avoiding puddles etc. and haven’t walked for three days, but decided that was a good reason to take the normal walk!

Looking at “password” apps.  I need to do something, it is a real pain trying to keep track of all of the passwords, since a list is hardly the way to do it!  

Making plans for travel, for the CMA Fest and the annual family reunion.  As I always say. I think I would enjoy  being a travel agent, I enjoy  planning trips so much.  

Not sure why it is so enjoyable, but I enjoyed it even before the internet, but I love it now, since I can research all of the “what if’s” and alternative possibilities.  

I’m not sure what is so enjoyable about it, but I enjoy it.

It soon will be the anniversary of our trip to China, and I remember how I spent almost 4 months researching and planning that trip (which was well worth it).  

Hopefully we will be able to return in the near future! I am looking forward to planning it!

Watching a tape of the “Chinese Grand Prix” in Shanghai, which makes me want to return for another visit!  

Not quite sure why I like watching Frormula One racing, maybe it is the way every races in a different country.  

Sent in our taxes last night.  We actually finished them Saturday and “e-filed” and, unfortunately since we owned money to both the Federal and State, we mailed in the checks yesterday.  

I plan on “planning” better this year.  While it r really doesn’t make any difference in the end, (the tax owed is the same), it is much nicer to get a refund, even if it is already our money!

As I have mentioned, I don’t mind paying my fair share, but when I see hedge fund and “activist” looters get off with paying little or no taxes because they “contribute” to the right people , I don’t feel good about it.  

Warm weather always seems to arrive so slowly and then suddenly it is here.  It isn’t here yet, that is sure, but at least it is warming up.  

As I mentioned previously, I have not seen near the number of “blooming” flowers, trees etc. that I normally do.

I am looking at our yard to determine how I can go about  wasting as little water as possible on grass and pl;ants etc.  

I don’t know enough about landscaping to know if we have “native” plants or not, but I’d like to have “native” plants which can adjust to the weather patterns not require a lot  of watering.   It is just such a waste to see all of the watering trying to make grass and plants that shouldn’t be  in this area flower and live in weather they are suitable for!

I love good landscaping etc., I just don’’t see why water should be  wasted so much on trying to make plants thrive which really don’t want to grow in this area!  

There are actually plenty of beautiful plants that are native and it seems that the time and effort in getting keeping non-native plants alive would be better spent in choosing appropriate native plants that don’t require continual watering. 


That’s it for now, Monday, April 18, 2016.

No comments: