Friday, April 29, 2016

2016 Spring April 29 Friday



60 degrees this morning.  No walk, rain, plus developed bad cough and sneezing.

Developed a sudden bad cold yesterday.  Spells of coughing and sneezing, although I really don’t  feel that bad.  Anyway, absolutely no walk this morning even if it wasn’t raining!

The continual colds and coughing is really hurting my exercise program!  I am beginning to wander the CPAP machine is the reason for it.  

Presidential campaign is really getting even weirder than I thought it could.  This election will give people who write about and analyze Presidential campaign  material for a long time!

I have never seen money spent like it has been in this election.  It is almost like some people don’t like their money and they have to spend it!  

Two years ago we were getting ready to head for China.  I think we actually left on April 30 and somehow lost May 1 due to time zones and travel time.  

This period  of the past months since the Courter Reunion last year have included no travel out of the area.  After years of, at the least, going to OKC about every 6 to 8 weeks, and other frequent travel, I thought I would notice it, either miss it or be relieved.  

I can’t  say I miss it or am relieved.  Of closure we did move doing that period.

I guess to travel you have to have a plan and a place you want go.  In the next several months, we will travel to the CMA Fest and visit friends along the way, and then take kind of an extended trip to the family reunion.

As I mentioned before, I really enjoy “planning” a trip.  Especially with the Internet, where I can search for information, make reservations etc., it has really been enjoyable.  Even the shortest trip is fun to prepare for!

Of course  the China was especially fun to prepare for.  I actually started preparing for it in early December and then of course once we actually committed in January (buying the plane tickets), I really got involved in the planning. 

I have actually our trip details completed for this summer, although we can always change them some.  

Of course one of the big problems with air  travel is the you have to buy the tickets and then pay outrageous fees if you have to change your plans.  One  reason for flying Southwest Air.  They don’t baggage fees and you can change flights without a penalty.

Of closure, that  is a little misleading, actually you can use the money for  your tickets for another trip (not a cash refund) and you purchase the replacement flight “at the current rate” which could be a major penalty in itself.     

Still is a much better deal than the other airlines.  
Hopefully will get over this cold today.  I”m not coughing or sneezing this morning but I can feel the potential so to speak.  I’ll see as the day goes on.

Rain is forecast for the entire weekend.  They aren’t  forecasting any storms, but are forecasting rain the entire weekend.  


That’s it for now, Friday, April 29, 2016.      

No comments: