Tuesday, April 05, 2016

2016 Spring April 5 Tuesday



64 degrees this morning, walk 48:15 miles 

Hopefully Spring is finally here.  I have really noticed the difference between here and Memphis in eh range of flowering plants.  There are almost none here in the Spring and they were abundant in Memphis.

This is actually only my second spring here, so maybe I’m missing something or it comes a little later.  

Went to the Doctor yesterday to discuss my “CPAP” machine, which is basically a machine I use when I sleep.  He was very good and I learned a lot about the machine and sleep.  (It still doesn’t make it any easier to use it, but at least I know it is doing some good.)

Technology has taken over and he CPAP machine is connected by wifi, and the Doctor cn actually monitor my sleep, or least to a limited degree.  

Insurance companies will only pay for the machine if you use it a specified percentage, which I believe makes sense, at least within reason. 

Watching the Presidential Primary today with interest as a bizarre Presidential campaign becomes even more bizarre.

Just to think, it used to be “undignified” for a Presidential candidate to openly campaign!

Listening to the book on philosophy this morning, I heard my theory presented “don’t worry about what you cannot change”.  There is a related theory, assume you have already lost what you possess, that way you won’t be concerned i you lose it!  Or words to that effect.  

The recycling here is different, they give you a large 105 gallon cart and you just throw all the  recycling in he large cart.  It is called “single stream recycling”.

They only pick up the recycling once every two weeks, which is a hassle.  I would rather they pickup the regular trash every other week and the recycling every week!

Another dream, just after I mentioned I was going through a period of no dreams.   

4-3-16:  Dream:

A rather surprising realistic dream, Aliene and I go out to eat and end up in rustic restaurant built somewhat like in an attic (with crossbeams etc.)

As we go in, there are a lot of people and my walking shorts fall down (I catch themI), and Aliene snickers a “I told you so snicker”.

Somehow the scene changes (same place) but the restaurant when we get in transforms into a 3 booth restaurant with an old man at the front who asks if we want fried wasps (or maybe chocolate covered wasps).

I say “no” and Aliene says I am the type of person who world normally eat them!  

The dream ends there, but very realistic, one of those I wake up and think it was real for several seconds.

Don’t remember the first part.


That’s it for now, Tuesday, April 5, 2016

No comments: