Saturday, April 09, 2016

2016 Spring April 9 Saturday



55 degrees this morning, walked 47:48 minutes

Speaking of governments, people and companies who try to manipulate people or dictate to them based on “what is good for them” are the websites who have weird password requirements and impose them on you.

Somehow, the most insignificant websites (such as “myfittnesspal”, to name the lasted culprit) have the weirdest requirements.  

It seems that they could have a password requirement which is more flexible, but I think part of it is just the ability to  exert control of the way they want it done (like Apple, Facebook, Microsoft etc. also do).  

Of course, my bank etc., has simple password requirements meaning I can use my usual format, which is about as safe as you can get.

What is really irritating is when a site suddenly decides to ask you to redo all of your information just when you are in a hurry, which is really frustrating.

I am adding companies who misuse GMO’s (genetically modified organism) in food production to establish a monopoly or who use it without proper testing o in an attempt to make “maximum profit” at the expense of people lives and health.

I thought some of the “hedge funds” were bad, at least they  only destroyed people financially, not their health in their drive for “maximum profit”.  

I am always amazed that an artificial corporations is considered a “person”, it seems that the government which creates the corporation could set it’s guidelines. 

I recently set up our water softener.  I had no idea of how a water softener works, or even why it is necessary.  

However, it was in the house when we bought it, so I decided to learn what I could about the care and feeding of a water softener.  

It is an amazing machine.  I”m not quite sure how it works but somehow it uses salt to “soften” hard water..  It has a huge water line running into it, which I assume is the water for the entire house.  

They actually have a warning on how much salt a “normal persons” may consume (depending on how much water they drink) if they are on a salt restricted diet. 

Anyway, shortly after we moved in the Low salt” light came on, so I looked through the manual, internet and gradually figured out how to get it going again.  I think.

Anyway, I think we have softened water again, proving the point of Scot Peck that you can do anything if you are wiling  take the time to learn how to do it.
Office day was yesterday, catching up on paperwork etc.  I really like the change of working  one day “in the field”.  

The change of pace is nice, plus I really enjoy working wth people “In the field”.

About ready to finish my current book I am listening to on my walk.  It has been a good book.

I am toying with the idea os listening to “War and Peace”, all 61 hours of it.  Of course, I play the player at 1.25 speed, which means it will take me about 45 minutes to listen to it.  

Much as I enjoy reading, I never read the entire book.

We’ll see.


THat’s it for now, Saturday, April 9, 2016.

No comments: