Monday, April 25, 2016

2016 Spring April 25 Monday

2016 Spring April 25 Monday

67 degrees this morning, Walk 47:42 minutes

In addition to my walk, I also am trying to get back into bike riding and learning to deal with the wind (21 minutes yesterday).  Also using the “heavy bag” and punching bag (just as long as I feel like it).

Also, in the morning, I lift 20 lb barbells in 4 exercises of 12 reps, and then am doing the bar only (45 lbs) on bench press and some other exercises on the weight bench.  

Not all that much, I don’t really exert myself, I just am like the turtle, I just kind of keep on chugging along.  I will gradually add time to the bike, heavy bag and punching bag and weights to my weight lifting.  

Actually, I don’t really have any grand goals as such, just to do them every day if possible.   

I really doubt that I will walk any longer or faster.  I may even cut the distance back a little to save time.  

I definitely want to ride the bicycle longer.  I will need to learn to deal with the wind also, which may take some time.  As I have noted before, if i don’t do it, I will never do it, so to speak.  

Not in the immediate future, but at some point I want to look at getting a “pedel assist” bike, to help on the wind especially.  It isn’t “electric” as such, but you do use electricity to “assist” in pedaling beyond a certain pressure.

I really don’t have a goal as such on the bicycle riding, I just would like to bicycle more and develop the capacity to go out on some multi-day rides, and eventually my “ride with the summer”.  

As far as the heavy bag and the punching bag, I just want to basically have fun and do some other exercise.  I’ll probably never go a long distance on those, just short spurts evert day.  I think it gives me the chance to exert myself without possibly overdoing it as I may on walking or a bicycle ride.  Anyway, it is an exercise I have always enjoyed and I am glad to have the capacity to do it again.

On the weights, I would like to go to 25 lbs on the barbells.  It is just I am too cheap to buy more barbells.  I have all weights (up through 40 lbs) EXCEPT for the 25 lbs, go figure!  

On the bench weights, (this is classic “bench press bench” with the 45 lb bar that you add weights too) I am now just at the stage where I am using the bar.  I am current working up to three sets of 12 repetitions of the bench press and another exercise that I don’t have a name for

After I build up to  three sets of 12 reps etc., I will gradually increase the weight 10 lbs at a time ((two 5 pound weights) until I reach to whatever.  

I am no longer interested in total weight as much as I am in completing my reps.   I think they consider it “toning” muscle rather than “building” muscle.  

Anyway, I enjoy the variety of each.  Now, I just need to add swimming and the machines at the Y and that will be it!  I am interested in the machines to keep myself flexible.  

Another dream to report on:
4-24-16: Dream

Dreamed I as in some king of resort area.  The buildings one of those one story buildings with golf courses  around it.

I was apparently interviewing for a job or as part of an article I was developing,I remember driving a rental car to a number of interviews 

Not sure what about.  

The car seemed to progressively become more disarranged as I did interviews with items etc.

Not sure of anyone else in the dream.  

Very strong dream, when I woke up I lived part of the dream for a little bit before I realized it had only been a dream.  

There was a strong negative overcast on this dream.


That’s it for now, Monday, April 25, 2016.

No comments: