Tuesday, April 26, 2016

2016 Spring April 26 Tuesday

74 degrees this morning, walk 48:07 minutes  

Windy this morning during my walk, made it seem cooler than 74 degrees.

Apparently a big storm is coming in this afternoon, as Spring weather continues!  

The forecasting of weather has advanced a lot, but no one has learned how to prevent bad weather once we can forecast it!  At least we do have longer to prepare for it.

I am not looking forward to the upcoming weather season, but again it is one of those things I can’t control, although I  can prepare to deal with it!

Reading about how AirBnB is destroying residential communities.  Where we live now, I can understand how very many people (or probably in most cases, persons who buy the houses just for that purpose) could destroy the nature of a residential area.  

Somehow it seems there needs to be some limit, there will always be someone who abuses it. 

My first iPhone, an iPhone 3 suddenly changed its date and time, not sure why.  I believe, in human age (assuming 20 years years per generation), it would be 140 to 160 years old, so I I won’t be surprised whatever may happen to it.  

I plan on “resetting” it and see what happens.  It still does a good job as an audiobook reader and for music and some photos etc.  

I am especially surprised at how the “original” iPad has held up.  In spite of the fact it has been functionally obsolete for some time (i believe it is six years old), it is still a wonderful device for what it is useful for.  

Debating whether the “large” iPad Pro is best or the “regular” size iPad Pro.  Since I don’t need it right now (I am saving my credit card rebates either for it and/or the iWatch), I will wait until the second version of the large iPad Pro comes out.

 I am amazed at how “spell check” and “predictive text” is wrong so often.  I go back to review what I have written and am amazed at some of the words and how spell check/predictive text got it so wrong, it completely distort what I was actually writing.  

Actually, on the iPhone it works fairly well, since you can choose among several alternatives.  

I think that is a matter of technology being released too soon, or maybe too much expected of technology .

Maybe our expectations of what technology can do are so high, the expectations can’t be met and we are doomed to disappointment.  

I think the same thing can be said of  medical procedures and medicine.  We have come to expect miracles and it just isn’t going to happen.

Of course, the greedy drug companies and a paid off congress not allowing government programs (Medicare etc.) to get bids on medicine is incomprehensible.  

For persons in the United States to have to purchase medicine from overseas since the same drug in the United States is too expensive (even with insurance), as I have seen happen in some cases is unbelievable.  


That’s it for now, Tuesday, April 26, 2016.

No comments: