Friday, April 01, 2016

2016 Spring April1 Friday



43 degrees this morning, walk 47:10 minutes 

2016 is 25% complete and I am wondering where the time went!   It seems like we have been moving the entire time and to some degree we have been.  Either getting ready  to move, moving out, moving or moving in. 

Of course, the moving in process will continue for awhile, although we are making progress and can begin to feel like we are getting close. 

Thinking of the different between renting and owning.  Renting gives you some freedom, as long as you have a decent owner, you don’t need to worry about unexpected costs if something goes out etc. and of course you don’t have to worry about the fees you get all the time from a mortgage, insurance, taxes etc.  

On the other hand, you are free to customize your house as you want.  Also, while you have to worry about taxes etc. going up, your payment basically stays the same.

Of course, most of all, the mortgage interest, tax deduction etc.  provides the basis so you can deduct a lot more off of your income taxes, valuable this time of year!

And, while it isn’t so true anymore, there is always an opportunity you can sell your house for a gain.  

Listening to book on philosophy while I walk.  Interesting, but not really a lot of new ideas for me today.  Thinking about Plato’s concept that democracy is a self-fulfilling disaster since it will eventually self-destruct.

In his version, tyranny comes when, basically what I would call bullies, take over since no wants to confront them.  In his version,  they then start to soak the wealthy, (of course keeping a “bite” of the proceeds for themselves) eventually leading to tyranny.  

What he didn’t see was that the “bullies” in power would start to give everything to the wealthy in return for starting in power plus getting some for themselves.  

I actually don’t believe he is right, I think democracy is somewhat self-correcting with occasional excesses either way.  

In any event, I am going to read up a little more on Philosophy at this time.  I think it is interesting how some of the ideas developed into current culture and behavior.

Another dream.  I like to record them, it seems to help me remember them.  Maybe some day they will make some sense!

Or maybe I will just realize they make no sense and maybe that is the purpose!



3-31-16 Dream

Dreamed in a city, something like Las Vegas or a similar desert City.

The part I remember we were leaving from our hotel to a show.  It was a long trip on a crowded bus and we passed a bunch of large earth moving equipment.

When we got to the area, we went in building  and to see the show we had to climb down a vertical ladder (steps build into the sides of a wall, attached to the wall).  

Somehow Aliene climbed down first.  I was getting ready to climb down and for some reason I had two hats. (One was a Department of Transportation hat, one a Memphis Redbirds hat).   I tossed them down to Aliene.

I woke up as I was getting ready to climb down the steps.  I don’t remember anything else about the dream.

I really wonder about the symbols in the dream (earthmoving equipment, the ladder etc.), but I have no idea what they mean.


That’s it for now, Friday, April 1, 2016.

No comments: