Tuesday, April 12, 2016

2016 Spring April 12 2016 Tuesday



47 degrees this morning (Walk 47:23 minutes)

Yesterday “in the field”, I was  reminded of the importance of “communication” by all concerned.  Not in the normal sense of talking, but just each side (or all sides) keep communicating and letting others know what is going on. 

I noted that , a “failure to communicate” creates a large portion of the problems I end up trying to solve (and hopefully solving).  

With all the means of communication (e-mail, text, calling etc.) it seems strange that someone can’t find time (or the courtesy) to send a simple note, text, e-mail etc.!

It is a failure on both sides, people just not thinking what someone needs to know and soon it may balloon into a  huge problem.  

A a very nice, warm Sunday, suddenly it changed to almost cold last night and this morning.  

Signs of Summer, plans for the CMA Fest and the scheduling  of the  Courter Reunion this year.

I thought about it and decided I can drive across Kansas to Missouri without buying any gas, fill up in Missouri and make it out of Kansas without buying any gas.  One of the joy’s of owning a long-range hybrid.  (I can go over 600 miles on a tank of gas, although I don’t push it!)

This is my protest of the way Kansas has gone to the dogs to say the least, thanks to the Governor and state legislature exempting all of their rich buddies (and political contributors I am sure)  from taxes and piling up the taxes on the lower and middle income residents.  

Shame on the Governor and State Legislature.  

A fine example of how to be a failure  and destroy schools and local government  and taxing the poor for the benefit of the rich that this state seems intent on following.  

As I mentioned to someone recently, I used to be proud to be “from” Kansas.  Now I quickly say that I haven’t lived there for years and it “Kansas didn’t use to be that way”.  

When I lived there Kansas had a heart, now it is an embarrassment to admit I am “from” Kansas to say the least.

I just quickly say “I’m not like the current Governor and Legislature and Kansans aren’t really like that” and let it go at that.  

Hopefully they will vote with the ballot and kick the rascals out, but if they don’t at least Kansas will continue to the the worst example of what not to do for the nation.  

I decided I can justify eating while I am in Kansas (I thought about packing lunches so I wouldn’t spend any money supporting the failure of a governor and state legislature), but  I figure I will eat places where at least I will be benefiting some of the lowest paid people and the ones most negatively affected  by the policies of the state.

On another subject, my walking shoes have about arrived at the end of their useful life and I will be making what is a trivial but also a very important decision in the next week or so, the purchase of new walking shoes for my daily walk!

Not a trivial matter I consider I spend about 45 minutes a day in them pounding the pavement!  I use my walking shoes “only” for walking and then retire them for causal wear.  

Office day today, yesterday’s “Field Day” was interesting to say the least.  

Probably the most interesting was when a very small, sleepy dog suddenly seemed to jump two feet in the air and started after me!  I wasn’t all that worried, but it was certainly surprising to say the least.  It had been sleeping so quietly that it’s transformation was a surprise to say the least!


That’s it of now, Tuesday, April 12, 2016.  

No comments: