Wednesday, April 27, 2016

2016 Spring April 27 Wednesday



57 degrees this morning, no walk  (rain)

Heavy rains and wind last night but, as they say, it certainly could have been much worse.  Electricity and roof stayed on!  

I didn’t walk this morning, although I probably could have.  I have learned from experience about walking in the dark after a heavy rain and wind!  

Probably helps to have a break.  I don’t plan the breaks, but it is nice to have them occasionally .  When I don’t walk, I also don’t do my weight exercises etc., to provide a break from that also.  

Watching Los Angeles Baseball game (copy from night before), I think the only announcer where I actually listen sometimes and don’t fast forward sometimes just so I can listen to the announcer (Vin Sculley) announce!

I even like to listen to him give the commercials, his voice is so smooth!

Frankly, I don’t care for most sports announcers and would just as soon they just shut up and let the game play itself and don’t try to “enhance” things. 

I find many announcers to be annoying.  

Something about Vin Scully though, I really enjoy.  I think he provides additional information that is interesting and really enhances the game.  Plus he has such a smooth and pleasing voice. 

He even tells humanizing stores about the “other” team players  and the umpires!  He makes it very interesting.

Years ago they had game with no announcers (I believe a college football game) and I loved it.

On the other hand, when I actually go to a game, I wish they would announce more sometimes, at least a factual stream.

Of course, much of life has a lot of small annoyances.  If I dwelt on them, they would probably drive me crazy, so I just ignore most of them and don’t worry about them.  

I am slowly getting used to my “CPAP” machine.  Many people just can’t use them and I can understand why.   I frequently walk up and find I had taken mine off and don’t remember doing it.

The turning point for me probably came when the Doctor explained how I sleep when I’m not wearing it versus how I sleep while I’m wearing it.  

He can actually monitor how much I use it and what kind of sleep I am getting while I am using it.  (It has wifi on it and sends it to him for analysis!).  I doubt if it is real time, but it is kind of strange to think that someone can do it.
Read (where else) in the Wall Street Journal about “self cleaning” clothes being developed, that will wash themselves.  Actually not actually wash themselves but they are trying to develop material that will have “bugs” that will eat any dirt etc. within six seconds! 

I’m probably not explaining it correctly, but it is an interesting concept.  Think of the water that would be saved, the time etc. as will as any pollution from detergent.  

I expect it will be a few years before that is fully developed, but it is an interesting concept!  

Sometimes I wonder how people who work on such things decide what they are going to work on!

A “field day” in my new area today.  I am looking forward to the experience!  


That’s it for now, Wednesday, April 27, 2016.  

No comments: