Sunday, April 24, 2016

2016 Spring April 24 Sunday

2016 Spring April 24 Sunday

64 degrees this morning,  walk  47:13 minutes.

Even 64 degrees can feel rather cool with a wind!  I tend to overdress (for outside temperature), but this morning 64 degrees didn’t seem nearly as close as it w=actually was.  

Rode bicycle yesterday (at a “getting back into it” pace and time) also used the “heavy bag” and punching bag.  

The weight set is very nice.  I only wish I could have found one with as “straight bench”, (rather than one that an go up and down), so it isn’t a straight bench), but it is good anyway.

Building up on the bench press and some other exercises.  Haven’t added any weights yet, just eh bar, which is 45  lobs by itself , I am just getting into doing three sets , and after I can do that without any major problems, I will    add weight.  I want  to just gradually get back into it.

I don’t really set any goals, as far as weights etc. go. I really just do it for enjoyment, s much as for any physical improvement/maintenance.  

I am  setting goals fvor the bicycle, I really want to get to the point I can go in some longer distance riding and eventually ride in the “ride across the state” and do my “ride with the summer” either next year or the year after that.  

Funny, I really thought I would have done it this year, but life tends to intervene!  New job, new house, new community etc.  Probably the wind is one of the most restraining things, but that is something I will need to learn to deal with.

I remember when I first started riding the bicycle, I hesitated about some step hills.  Finally I realized I would never learned to ride the hills until I rode hem, so I started riding up hills just so I could develop the ability to do it.

I think it is the same with the wind, I just have to go out and learn haw to deal with it by actually dealing with it!   

Of course, at the time I thought of the “ride with the Summer”, I really thought I would be closer to retirement!

I’m not sure what is so satisfying about weights.  Maybe it is the feel of accomplishment, but it is also a physical feeling of just lifting the weights.  

The “heavy bag” and punching bad are a little different type of satisfaction.  There is just the feeling of building coordination, but also a sense of release,. 

I am also going to have to get back into using the machines at   l need to use them to development/maienndle          

Still listening to “War and Peace” on my walk.  While it is interesting I really couldn’t  tell you want is happening and, most of all, who is  whom, since I”m not familiar enough with the name.  Something about seeing names you are’t familiar enough with.

I expect “War and Peace” is available as  in the public domain.  I am going to have to read the printed (or e-book) copy now so I can keep all of the characters straight.  It makes more sense when I see the name and how it is spelled. 


That’s it for now, Sunday, April 24, 2016.

No comments: