Sunday, March 01, 2015

Winter 2015 March 1 Sunday



27 Degrees this morning.  No walk, snow on ground.

March 1, at least it means Spring is in the air, although it seems like Winter is having a final (I hope) fling this week.

We spent the day indoors.  Aliene still isn’t feeling real good, although I think she’s feeling a lot better, and it didn’t make any sense to go any place when the streets are icy.  

I did go out to get the paper this morning (only the local paper came, the WSJ didn’t come, so I read it on the internet).  

I guess I still have a lot of Memphis in me, I just avoid driving on the streets or getting outside.  I actually did buy a snow shovel and bought some deicer, mainly because our driveway is steep in case we had an emergency and had to go someplace.  Otherwise, I think the sun makes a fine snowplow.  I never did own a snow shovel in Memphis.

Finished the book on China, it as interesting.  I now have a new view of China, not the people but the government.  Starting a novel (Baldacci, The Escape) and a book on U.S. Grant (“The Man Who Saved the Union”)  Both are interesting, in their own way.  The problem with library books is I feel I need to get them read, so reading the books I own get delayed.

I am monitoring myself, hoping I don’t get what Aliene had.  Can’t do much about it if I do get it, but I have been washing my hands every time I walk past a sink and a bar of soap, trying to prevent it!  

Monday, March 2, will mark exactly six months on the job.  I am amazed at what i have learned, and probably will b amazed at what I don’t know in another six months or a year.  It has certainly been a very enjoyable experience and a trip into a realm I had no idea existed or at least how it operated. 

I am thinking of taking all of my written records and have them scanned and stored.  That would save a lot of space, plus eliminate the need for storage.  I think you always have the vague fear of that it will disappear into a never-never land of a digital black hole, but there is always the possibility they could be destroyed or lost etc.  And they probably aren’t that important anyway, since I haven’t looked at them.  

I am trying to reduce the number of e-mails I have been getting.  I have been requesting my name be taken off where I feel it is legit, canceled notifications etc.  

Of course, I don’t know if I can do much about the creepy e-mails I get from amazon.Com or the “notices” from Linkedin that I automatically delete.

As an example, I looked for “dash cams” on the internet and, of course, amazon.com has them so that was one of the search findings.  However, I have seen so much junk and gouging priced items from amazon.com, I don’t buy anything but books from them, and I don’t buy many books anymore since we have an excellent library system here.  

Ever since, I have had these creepy e-mails and ads popping up on my computer about dash cams.  I wouldn’t buy one over the internet anyway, since I want it where I can get it serviced.   However, I could buy one from, say, Best Buy, at BestButy.com and they would install and service it.  

Anytime I look at anything on amazon.com, I get these creepy ads and e-mails for months.  I did buy some cell phone cases etc. and they were literally junk.  Cheap but so junky I never used them.  And I mentioned before how hey were $40 higher on a set of head phones (same model, brand etc.) than everyone else, so they try to play a lot of tricks also.

Dream yesterday morning, I was on some kind of a beach area (although I never saw the water), although the ground was kind of rough.  There were a couple of large buildings (hotels?)  I went out to the car an there were a bunch of magazines on the front seat, and I went back to the room for some reason.  When I came back Angela and Kali were in the car, waiting for me.  Don’t have any idea what it means!  

Hopefully I will get better at recording the dream.  I really do forget as soon as I wake up, so I try to record it immediately. 


That’s it for now, Sunday, March 1, 2015.
27 Degrees this morning.  No walk, snow on ground.

March 1, at least it means Spring is in the air, although it seems like Winter is having a final (I hope) fling this week.

We spent the day indoors.  Aliene still isn’t feeling real good, although I think she’s feeling a lot better, and it didn’t make any sense to go any place when the streets are icy.  

I did go out to get the paper this morning (only the local paper came, the WSJ didn’t come, so I read it on the internet).  

I guess I still have a lot of Memphis in me, I just avoid driving on the streets or getting outside.  I actually did buy a snow shovel and bought some deicer, mainly because our driveway is steep in case we had an emergency and had to go someplace.  Otherwise, I think the sun makes a fine snowplow.  I never did own a snow shovel in Memphis.

Finished the book on China, it as interesting.  I now have a new view of China, not the people but the government.  Starting a novel (Baldacci, The Escape) and a book on U.S. Grant (“The Man Who Saved the Union”)  Both are interesting, in their own way.  The problem with library books is I feel I need to get them read, so reading the books I own get delayed.

I am monitoring myself, hoping I don’t get what Aliene had.  Can’t do much about it if I do get it, but I have been washing my hands every time I walk past a sink and a bar of soap, trying to prevent it!  

Monday, March 2, will mark exactly six months on the job.  I am amazed at what i have learned, and probably will b amazed at what I don’t know in another six months or a year.  It has certainly been a very enjoyable experience and a trip into a realm I had no idea existed or at least how it operated.  

I am thinking of taking all of my written records and have them scanned and stored.  That would save a lot of space, plus eliminate the need for storage.  I think you always have the vague fear of that it will disappear into a never-never land of a digital black hole, but there is always the possibility they could be destroyed or lost etc.  And they probably aren’t that important anyway, since I haven’t looked at them.  

I am trying to reduce the number of e-mails I have been getting.  I have been requesting my name be taken off where I feel it is legit, canceled notifications etc.  

Of course, I don’t know if I can do much about the creepy e-mails I get from amazon.Com or the “notices” from Linkedin that I automatically delete.

As an example, I looked for “dash cams” on the internet and, of course, amazon.com has them so that was one of the search findings.  However, I have seen so much junk and gouging priced items from amazon.com, I don’t buy anything but books from them, and I don’t buy many books anymore since we have an excellent library system here.  

Ever since, I have had these creepy e-mails and ads popping up on my computer about dash cams.  I wouldn’t buy one over the internet anyway, since I want it where I can get it serviced.   However, I could buy one from, say, Best Buy, at BestButy.com and they would install and service it.  

Anytime I look at anything on amazon.com, I get these creepy ads and e-mails for months.  I did buy some cell phone cases etc. and they were literally junk.  Cheap but so junky I never used them.  And I mentioned before how hey were $40 higher on a set of head phones (same model, brand etc.) than everyone else, so they try to play a lot of tricks also.

Dream yesterday morning, I was on some kind of a beach area (although I never saw the water), although the ground was kind of rough.  There were a couple of large buildings (hotels?)  I went out to the car an there were a bunch of magazines on the front seat, and I went back to the room for some reason.  When I came back Angela and Kali were in the car, waiting for me.  Don’t have any idea what it means!  

Hopefully I will get better at recording the dream.  I really do forget as soon as I wake up, so I try to record it immediately. 


That’s it for now, Sunday, March 1, 2015.

No comments: