Thursday, March 19, 2015

Winter 2015 March 19 Thursday


53 degrees this morning  44:40 minute walk

Still have a problem with dressing for my walk.  This morning I seemed to dress a little too warm, even though it was misty and there seemed to be a chill in the air.  

Still a lot better than 18 degrees!

Saw a really soulful dog yesterday.  I think it was a Beagle (I never can get dogs nationality right). Anyway, it was a trained “therapy dog”.  

It works with disabled veterans, many of whom had been badly injured.  Apparently the dog starts jumping up and down with excitement, as do the veterans when they see him coming!

Anyway, he had the most soulful, understanding eyes, I have ever seen, in either a dog or human.  I swear he looked right into my heart and saw and understood everything.  

When I was leaving, I, for some reason, learned over and petted him and said “Thank you for your service”.  I thought he  about started crying and maybe he did.  

I have never met a dog quite like that before.  Almost enough to make me a vegetarian (almost).  Although I guess dogs aren’t vegetarians.  

The only thing close I have ever seen is a Border Collie, who was almost human in her intelligence.  Maybe more so.

Looks like the Spring Rains have arrived or at least some semblance to the Spring Rains.

I think today is the last day I will write “Winter 2015” as Spring will arrive Friday. Spring actually will arrive at 5:45 p.m., Friday, so technically it won’t be Spring when I post Friday, so I may have to write it one more time.

Unless I wait until 5:46 p.m. Friday to post, which is a little extreme.

The start of “March Madness”  This is one sporting event that does seem to live up to it’s hype, at least to more of a degree than most others.  It is fun to watch and amazing to see what happens sometimes.  We are even watching the “play in” games with relish.

We tape all events, including sporting events.  The NCAA tournament is vey challenging to watch in this manner (since they update the scores almost immediately and it is impossible to not see the scores).

I am looking at getting a “dash cam” for my car (the one I use for work).  I thought it would be good to have the backup just in case, especially in case of an accident or a question on where I had been.  Also, it will be fun. (I can tape and post all of the “Did you see that”  episodes I see!

Dream yesterday morning after my “after walk/pre breakfast” nap:

Dream : 3 18 15 (after morning nap)

Staying in some kind of boarding house or hotel, perhaps a down-home hotel. Early in the dream riding  my bike thorough a bunch of trees, houses and hilly ground.

Came up on a bunch of kids playing in a year, the yard was full of toys.  A house was to one side, with a really steep hill.

I  got off my bicycle to walk through the yard due to all of the toys and the steepness. (Don’t know why I tried to ride through the yard and not the street.

Some how my bicycle came apart and all I could find was the main frame with the seat on it (no tires etc. or handlebars etc.)

I wnt back to look, but didn’t want to look while all the kids were out playing.

They went inside, and I looked for my bike, but couldn’t find it.

I remember thinking of telling Aliene now I needed to buy a new bike.

Next I went to the hotel or boarding house.  All of the staff was developmentally challenged.  

At the last, I  got angry at the tv and vcr that it wouldn’t work.  A staff member came over, apparently the supervisor told me the tv needed batteries and gave me some batteries.  She also gave me a flashlight and told me she had just put new batteries in it.  She told me to calm down, I was upsetting the staff.

I remember thinking I knew  it wasn’t the batteries, but I wasn’t going to say anything

Somehow the flashlght seemed important.

The hotel/boarding house was kind of like a place where people ate when they wanted to.  

It was not a modern facility, I can remember people watching tv, talking and eating.

The furniture etc. in the hotel seemed old.  I keep worrying about my bike and why I couldn’t find it.

Not an unpleasant dream, although not  really a pleasant one either


That’s it for today, Thursday, March 19, 2015.

No comments: