Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Spring 2015 March 25 Wednesday


63 degrees this morning, 44:36  minutes walking

Recently read that Michael Cotton passed on at 62 years of age.  

While both of us actually lived in Harrah when we met, we actually met at a Toastmasters meeting. 
Michael was  a “Cowboy Poet” and I have three signed books of his work.  

I saw him perform his “Cowboy Poetry” at the Cowboy Hall of Fame and it was an experience I will always remember as a unique enjoyable experience.  

He is a talented person who I as fortunate enough to personally know and appreciate.

We wish him well.  

Soon another month will have ended and 2015 will actually be 25% complete.  I can see some advantage to setting quarterly goals/reviews on long term plans as a marker of progress.  While I always saw the value of that for business reasons, I haven’t applied it on a personal basis.

Quarterly reviews could really identify progress etc.  I will look at seeing goals in weight, exercise and learning.  For example, Evernote, photos etc.  I think I respond to setting goals and looking at progress.  

Dream yesterday morning.  It was very strong and i actually woke up and wrote it down and then resumed my nap.  Almost as if my subconscious was telling me to look at it.

Dream 3 24 15

Dream I was mowing the area at the Hampton Inn at NW Expressway and Penn Square was across the way (which it actually isn’t, but remember this was a dream).

I was by myself and had an old push power mower. 

When I switched locations to mow, I would walk the mower across the road and wave at the motorists who stopped on the road to let me by.  (Which would NEVER happen if you know this area.)

The structure across the street from the Hampton was more like another hotel (the Crown Plaza) than Penn Square, but it changed throughout the dream.

While mowing,  I hit some heavy grass and somehow ended up with green on my legs and clothes.  It actually looked like green paint.

The mower started running badly and I thought it was out of gas and I hadn’t asked anyone about how to get gas.

The mower quit.

Suddenly I was holding my bicycle and it was broken.  The handbars had come off.  I was thinking I was glad I hadn’t been riding it when the handlebars came off

I tried to gather all the parts so I could get it fixed.

I suddenly woke up (no alarm) and got up to note the dream.  My temptation was to keep in the dream but I felt this strong urge to write it down.

I notice all of the dreams (I remember) seem to have some regular threads, including hotels, bicycles (bicycles that lose  their handlebars, oddly enough), sometimes some type of yard, other times inside.


That’s it for now, Wednesday, March 25, 2015.

No comments: