Thursday, March 12, 2015

Winter 2015 March 12 Thursday (Houses, Charges & Dreams)



47 degrees this morning, 45:07 minute walk.

Saw a house we liked tonight.  Not necessarily our dream house, but has a lot of things we want regarding location and overall designed right. We’re still in the process of deciding.  It is reasonably affordable, just a matter of looking at the tradeoffs.

The location is almost exactly want we want, and some of  the design is close to what we want.  There are a few things we don’t like, and we will just have to decide.  

Sometimes the things you don’t like become like grains of sand in your shoe and much worse than the big things you don’t like. 

On another subject, I am always amazed at at some people and groups -especially hospitals and medical offices and drug companies, can charge so much with somewhat of a straight face (or perhaps, a face contorted with greed) as they charge unbelievable prices for basic services.

The drug manufacturers are even worse with their astounding  charges.     

The reason I thought about this was the cost of something like the Apple watch or other such purchase (home repairs, auto, books etc.) seems relatively expensive until compared with the high profits of the medical establishment when they seem cheap.

You can spend enough to buy a house for the cost of an operation or you can compare it either way.  Of course, in many cases it is food for the children etc., although we are fortunate there.

It’s not even what they charge as it is the complete un-relatively (so to speak) of any relationship between cost and what is charged.  It is some figure they pull out of the air.

Sometimes I think about what persons from an improvised nation who is starving would think if they walked into a Sams etc.  and saw all of the food.  At times, I am startled myself at how little (again, “un-relatively”) food costs compared to other products.  

In relation to the income  most persons  food is cheap.  Medical costs are high in comparison to income.  Even computers are relatively cheap in relation to income now and even homeless people have a “smart phone”.  (And well they should, they probably need it more than anyone.)  

Another dream to relate.  I try to keep my daily ramblings short, so I’m going to relate it now:
Dream 3 -11-15 (morning nap after walk)

In hotel.  Was seeing a Doctor in the hotel, not sure why. After the Doctor was done, wasn’t sure if I was supposed to leave or not.

Got up and went  the lobby where I carried a newspaper with me (don’t recall reading it).  I sat in a chair in the lobby.  I looked at the snack area etc. in the lobby for a free USA Today, but don’t see one.

Went up and asked the Desk Clerk, I thought I had a mailbox here. the Desk Clerk was in a small area like an old bank or post office.  The lobby was very small, as opposed to yesterday when it was a very large lobby.  The desk clerk had a white goatee.

I asked the desk clerk if I could look at my mail box.  I thought I had gotten a mail box here a lot time ago and hadn’t checked the mail for a long time.

He asked  an attendant to take me to my mailbox.

I went down an narrow able to a small room.  The attendant opened a big box.  I wondered why he could open it and I didn’t have a key with me.

 I thought at first it was a mail box with a bunch of mail in it but then saw it was a safe deposit box with foam rubber strips in in, somewhat like a bunch of small Christmas trees.

The attendant made a comment, something like “that happens to mail after awhile”.

I woke up.

Comments about the dream.  

This is my 4th dream about a hotel, at least that I can remember  No elevator in this one.

Not sure why the Doctor. 

Woke with an intensive dream this morning, but didn’t get it down in time to remember it.


That’s it for now, Thursday, March 12, 2015.

No comments: