Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spring 2015 March 28 Saturday


48 degrees this morning. 45:48 minutes walking

Good day “In the field” yesterday  I especially enjoy helping out businesses who are just getting started and need assistance in completing the paperwork.  As long as they are trying, I’ll take whatever time is necessary to help them.

It feels so good when they successfully can hit the “submit” button!

We had the “preliminary” inspection on our new house the other day.  It made it seem more certain, assuming our loan goes through.  We don’t know any reason it shouldn’t.  

We are especially looking forward to looking out the back windows and seeing the woods (or at least a version of them)   They don’t have trees around her like they did in Memphis.  The trees here would be laughed at, but, green is green.  A lot better than looking  at the backs of other houses, even if they are very nice houses.

Listening to a biography on U.S. Grant.  I am always a little surprised at how much better I remember  the Civil War battles, events (or any history, not just war) when I read about the actual persons who lived at that time and experienced the events. 

It may be just the way I learn (or don’t remember), but I remember it much better and, even more, understand the events in the context of the persons who lived through the events at that time, especially if it is put in perspective.  

We are following the NCAA tournament.  Of course, our  two favorites are/were Wichita State and Oklahoma University. 

I thought it was a nasty trick to start spreading rumors that the Wichita State University Coach might be offered another job right before a major game!  I don’t know if that had anything to do with their poor play but I expect it did.

While I am always amazed at the poise and skills of the 18-21 year olds who play basketball, I expect they are also psychologically affected by such rumors.  

We tape all the games (as we do most everything) so we won’t have to listen tot the inane comments of the announcers etc.  

We would rather take a chance on hearing the scores than waste time  on the absolutely vapid comments of the announcers and the continual repetitive commercials.  

Did’t watch OU game last night past the half since I couldn’t stand wasting the time on the half-time (sleep is important!), so am watching it now, before I see the score. 

We have not spent a night outside of our house since last August, which has to be a record for us since we were married. 

When we lived in Tennessee we tried to visit family and friends etc. at least once every six weeks, so we spent time on the road and in hotels.  We are glad we made the effort and continue to, but we don’t need to travel overnight also.  

Looking forward to a nice weekend, although my walk this morning was still coolish.  I still have to “dress warm”, and it is a lot nicer when it is warm and I just toss some walking shorts and a t-shire on.


That’s it for now, Saturday, March 28, 2015

No comments: