Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring 2015 March 22 Sunday



53 degrees this morning 45:08  minutes walking

Picked up our tickets to the local AAA baseball team the other day.  Another sign of Spring and Summer!  

We will surely miss our Memphis Redbirds and the experience at Autozone Park.  I’m not sure if we can transfer our loyalties or not, we will see.  It is definitely going to be different. 

I think I really enjoy the weather and being outside at baseball games and the relaxed  pace.  

The ticket exchange here isn’t nearly as updated as Memphis was, so we will miss that.  Here the ticket price does include food and drinks (water and cokes in our caseI), which will be different.  

The most difficult part will be getting to be loyal to a completely new team and, to some degree, the “Parent Club” as players are called up.

What we really enjoyed about the Memphis Redbirds was seeing a player start in Memphis, develop and then go to St. Louis and turn into a star!  It was like seeing someone from your hometown making good.  Since St. Louis was close, we could watch almost all the games.  Here, I don’t know if we will see the parent club that often since it is so far away. 

Also, it was just the experience was so nice at the Memphis Redbirds and I’m not sure if the local club has it together yet or not.

Watching a lot of the NCAA games on tape.  If it’s not teams we normally follow, we will fast forward to the 2nd half and watch if it is interesting.

It is too bad the NCAA allows a fake/pro team like Kentucky to exist.  They are a joke, as is the coach.  If they win, and with all the pros they have, they may well win, I will feel a true “college team” did not win, but some kind of artificial, grotesque, grouping of pros were faked into the tournament.  I am surprised the NBA can stop a player over 18 from making a living playing basketball if they are good enough.  

 While walking the other morning, I heard a “hoot owl’ or at least what I thought was a hoot owl.  The sound makes a chill run down my back.  

It makes me think of the settlers when they were out at night and the hoot owl sound was used as a means of following someone and planning an attack. Not that I think that is happening.

Probably my imagination is a little overactive at times!

It may depend a little on what book I am listening to, although I doubt that a biography of U.S. Grant (a very well-written and interesting one by the way0 would do that!

I don’t listen to any Stephen King audiobooks while I walk.  I think my imagination is a little bit overactive for me to listen to one of his classic books while I am walking. 

I would probably end up running rather than walking home and I doubt if that would be a good idea!

It is amazing that it is already almost the end of March 2015.  2015 has gone by much faster than in I realized it would. Soon we will have lived here 9 months, and I will have been working at my job 7 months. 

As I always say, I know I have been at a place for awhile when I start measuring years rattan than months!  Probably even worse is measuring in decades, although I don’t think there is any question of that for the future!

That’s it for now, Sunday, March 22, 2015.



  



No comments: