Sunday, March 08, 2015

Winter 2015 March 8 Sunday (Young Eye, Noise)



50 Degrees this morning 45:26 minutes walking

Shopping with m granddaughters yesterday.  It is always fun, and sometimes it is like seeing the world through the eyes of a 15 year old and a 12 year old.

We were in some stores I have never heard of, full of children/young adults in that age group .  Certainly no one even closed to my age.  You an feel the energy, somewhat like the Apple Store, although the Apple Store is a different type and includes all ages from young children to very senior, Senior Citizens, all enthralled with various products.

Years ago I went to a school gathering where there were about 200 3rd and 4th graders in the room, I can still remember the sense of energy I felt.

I told my granddaughters  to “act like I was their security and chauffeur ” In a sense, it is true!

It is always fun to go be with them, because I always learn something new I didn’t know due to the difference in generations .

Also a highlight of the day was when a pickup came flying past me, cut in front of me (this was a three lane street), and then suddenly a police car came past with it’s lights on and stopped the pickup!  That is the second time i have had that happen in the past several months.  

I always want to stop and congratulate the Police Officer, but I left enough alone. 

The crowds were out yesterday, taking advantage of the super weather to shop and do other activities.  

Aliene is still not feeling well and is coughing a lot, hopefully she will start feeling better soon.  It is very tiring for her I expect.

Looked at houses yesterday again (by ourselves) to get some idea of locations, the type of houses, and to note anything we might not notice about locations.  We are trying to be open to the problem of minimizing possible problems now that will drive us nuts if we bought a house especially.

I decided before we actually buy a house, I intend to go the area at different parts of the day and see what the “environmental noise is (traffic, animals, odors, etc.).

Of course , to some degree you do get used to noise.  I remember when I was in high school we  lived right by a railroad track.  A train came by (if I recall correctly) at 2:00 a.m. in the morning.  After a while, we would wake up if we didn’t hear the train!  Something about absence of noise also.

I can  remember when I moved from a 2nd floor apartment to my house, the noises of car doors and noises bothered me.  However, I got used to it.

On the other hand, the first house we had in Lakeland, Tennessee, I never got used to the sounds from I-40.  Somehow the noise would come across the golf course and resound in the house in certain areas.  You would hear it in one area and not in another area.  

I never got used to the noise of the trucks (i sometimes hated trucks for the noise they made) and was glad to move even though it was a nice house. 

However, we liked our new house a lot better (it backed up to the woods) and it was certainly a lot quieter.  

Now a key test to any house is how close it is to a busy public street or commercial area.

That’s it for now, Sunday, March 8, 2015.


No comments: