Friday, March 06, 2015

Winter 2015 March 6 Friday



30 Degrees this morning 45:38minutes walking

Snow yesterday morning was gone (mostly) by early afternoon.  My kind of snow!  When I saw it was 15 degrees in the morning, I was resigned to having snow for a day or two.   It was so nice to see it gone so fast!  

The snow was pretty this morning, but it was a lot prettier with the snow gone!  Still cold. 

Friday is here already.  It seems like the week flew by.  

We are starting to look at houses again, after a break for the weather.  We are really realizing we will need to cut down on some things.  That isn’t necessarily bad, just something we will need to do, even if we stay in our current house. 

I have decided to try to look at everything I have decide if I will ever use it or if any one would really want it, and if not, off it goes to the donation box.  

At least I can deduct it off my taxes!  

I am always amazed at what the “smart phones” will do, I seem to learn something new about them every day.  Today it had to do with how you can send “contacts” etc. over to another phone.  

I keep thinking I need to learn all the secrets of the iPhone etc. I decided I am going to learn one new thing every day, or at least read about one item.

I am amazed that my original iPad battery is still going full.I don’t use it much for internet items since it is so slow compared to the new ones, but it is great music, notes etc.  I also have it bluetoothed to  my car system and since I have all my books and music on it is greater that.  I still like the color on it. It seem like a richer color than then the newer ones, although I really like the sharpness of the new ones.  

My original iPhone, a 3, is still being used daily as my “walking” iPad and the battery is still going strong.  If I figure right, that battery is six years old.  Of course, my original iPod Shuffles at least 8 years old and is still going strong.  

Of course, my latest iPad, which is about 1year and two months old seems to have a weak battery, at least it seems to go down fast.  Of course, I also use it fairly intensively, I like a bright screen and I don’t put it on “sleep” at all, so it is highly intensive use for my battery.

Today will be a”field day” at work, I need to catch up on some field work.  Of course, I want to jump on them all at once, so I have to set priorities.  

Of course, sometimes, the more I research or the more I talk with someone, frequently it brings up the need for more research to try to resolve the problem.  Of course that is what makes it fun!

Glad to see warmer weather come back, it will be nice to have it for the weekend.  Aliene is still coughing, so we are hoping that can be resolved.  I am washing my hands at every opportunity to try to avoid catching anything.  

The time change day seems to mean almost as much as the seasons.  While I don’t like the “Spring Forward” since I lose an hour, it does mean that Spring is almost here, which is wonderful.  

I really like “gaining” an hour when we “fall back” but, it also means Winter is coming.

I guess that’s life!


That’s it for now, Friday,Marcy 6, 2015.

No comments: