Saturday, March 14, 2015

Winter 2015 March 14 Saturday (House?, Social Media Privacy, Dream)



52 degrees this morning, 46:40 minute walk

We think we have found our house.  While it isn’t perfect, it is about as perfect as we expect to get for our budget.  It is a little beyond traditional, but traditional enough to be comfortable.  It has a nice office (with a window I can look out of, like my current office has) and, best of all, probably (for us anyway) permanent open space (and trees) in the back.  

It’s not a forest like it was in Lakeland, they  don’t really have forests like that here, but it will be much nicer than looking at the backs of hordes of houses.  However, nice the houses may be, trees and open space are much better!  

Best of all, we have some say in some changes, although not colors etc.  We can get an extended patio etc.

Anyway, we are going to take one more look at it and (barring someone buying it like the other houses), we will sign a contract on it and then see about the mortgage and etc.  Hopefully our ages won’t prevent us from getting a mortgage, but we have found age discrimination stereotypes about aging are wildly prevalent.  Noting surprises us anymore about age discrimination and stereotypes.  

Aliene keeps getting these creepy messages from Facebook, “do  you  know…? “  It is really creepy.  Somehow I shut such messages from mine (or they gave up).  Google does the same thing, as do other “Social Media” such as Tumblr, Yelp etc.

I read they base their revenue on numbers so they do anything to trick you into getting more numbers.  

I learned never to “sign in with Facebook” or Google etc. when I read when you “sign in with Facebook” or do any of the Facebook stuff you give them all rights to your information (probably some exceptions.)

I read this morning about a group that act like it is the IRS and they have literally scammed billions our of people who should know better because of the information the scammers obtained from social media sites.  

It also sounds like they may have a mole in the IRS, but it could be just information that is available.  They even use Google to tell people the ATM’s to deposit the money into etc.

You think you would never be taken in by it, but….  

Of course, anytime I receive a call like that I just hang up. I figure if it is legit they will call back of notify me in another way.

Grand Prix racing season has started again.  Now sure why I follow it, but I do and enjoy it.  Maybe some day I will go to the Austin Grand Prix, or, better yet, the Shanghai Grand Prix event.

Another dream to record, this is a short one, during one of my relatively short (11 minutes or so) naps:

Dream 3 13 15

in some house, appearing to be like a city and house I grew up in  Didn’t have shoes on.  

Aliene and I were going someplace.  I drove (in what I recognized as my current Camry) and realized I still didn’t have my shoes on and I had forgotten my iPhone.

I turned at an intersection.  I saw a road crew working on the road to the right.

As I turned the car went into a ditch and I narrowly missed a concrete truck that was parked along the side of the road, but I got out of the ditch ok.

Went back and realized  was going to be late and I still didn’t have my shoes on or my iPhone..

Don’t recall what doing in house prior to this.  Woke up at this point, almost went out to see if the car was damaged, the dream was so real.

We see what happens today and    see if we have a contract on a house tonight.  We are going to look at refrigerators early so we can put the type we want in the contract.


That’s it for now, Saturday, March 14, 2015.

No comments: