Monday, March 16, 2015

Winter 2015 March 16 Monday



52 degrees this morning. 45:15 minutes walking

Overall, a good weekend.  Saturday was a little cool, Sunday was great.  Funny, I see a lot of Bradford Pears blooming, but no Crocus of similar flowers yet.  Maybe they are more savvy than Bradford Pears and they know there is another freeze looming before Spring comes.

I am looking forward to walking in the morning by just tossing on shorts and a t-shirt.  Currently I wear a number of items that takes time to put on and take off, and is difficult to gauge how to dress for this kind of weather.  Summer, there normally isn’t any  question, although it may be a little different here than in Memphis due to the wind.

We have discovered the pleasures of eating at the “Buffalo Wild Wings” which is near our (hopefullyI) new house.  The new house is only about 4 miles from our existing house, so it won’t be a major move, in the sense that we will basically be in the same area.  We can keep our Doctors, our shopping patterns etc. without any problems. 

Actually, we will also be closer to a regular breakfast place “Katies Country Griddle” where Aliene can get gluten free pancakes and french toast, which is a treat for her.  

We have excellent neighbors here and hope we are lucky with our neighbors in our new house.  I am sure there will be some challenges in moving, there always is, but we think we will enjoy the house.

Of course, now all of the stuff starts about getting the loan approved etc.  It can be tedious, but is understandable.

The best thing is we are about a 2 miles (roughly five minutes) from a wonderful YMCA complex.  While I enjoy swimming outside in the summer, it will be nice to be able to swim on a regular basis.  

I may have to find a new place to ride my bike, since the construction in the area will not make bike riding very fun.  I may take the bike to the YMCA where there are abundant riding trails.

The only problem with that YMCA is I think it is so nice it is very crowded, but I may be able to adjust when I do when it isn’t super busy.

I debated about which book to start this morning, actually two books I have just read, one on China and one on U.S. Grant.  I finally started the one on Grant.  

At least a single book is about a one month commitment (depending on the time).  The Grant book will be about a two month commitment, I think it is 19 hours.  I figure a ten hour book takes about a month to listen to if I I list approximately 50 minutes per day and walk 28 days per month.

I almost always walk every day unless it is raining (or snowing).  It is one of the little pleasures (like my nap after my walk) that I look forward to. 

I will be glad when I can add bike riding and a swim to my daily  routine. 

I thought it was ironic, the book on U.S. Grant mentioned that Texas was originally settled by illegal immigrants INTO Mexico, from the United States!  No matter how you feel about the issues involved now, that is truly ironic and I will get a little laugh out of that when I think about it today!

A busy week at work planned.  A lot of my accounts are approaching the “nagging” period when I bug them about actions they need to take.  Then the enforcement period starts.  This week still has some new visits.


That’s it for now, Monday, March 16, 2015.

No comments: