Sunday, February 08, 2015

Winter 2015 Februry 8 Sunday (Spicy Farkel and Multi-taskng)



51 degrees this morning, 45.48 minutes walking

Played “Spicy Farkel  last night with our Granddaughter.  It was fun and it bought back the  times we played Spicy Farkel” in Lakeland.  It is fun but brainless enough you can enjoy the conversation etc. also.  It is something we really miss and it was fun playing it with our Granddaughter.  She picked up fast on the game.
Reading the Stephen King book, “Revival”  Thus far, it has really caught my attention, as many Stephen King books do.  I know I have a good one when I am start thinking, this COULD happen, even though it is so far out of the realm  of real possibility, it could possibly happened.

 I probably really like about 75% of King’s books .  He has written several books that are, in my opinion, just  boring or he takes himself too seriously.  However, the overwhelming number of his books are an enjoyable read, which is extraordinary considering how many books he has written.  

Sometime I will need to look and see if have read more books  by him than any other author. It is probably fairly close for 4 or 5 writers.  

Although I don’t so much any more,  I used to find an author  I liked and read all of their past books as well.  Finding a new author I liked was like finding a hidden treasure that could pay off for months of delightful reading. 

Of course there are also authors I liked that I stopped reading.  Some, I just realized I knew the plot and it was just the “same old, same old” and I’d get bored almost as soon as I started reading.  On the other hand, some authors I enjoyed the “same old” plot and looked forward to reading something I know how it would turn out, just the characters are different!  

Looking at my library  of books, I see many I would like to revisit, but I know I won’t (or assume I won’t) since there are just too many new books I haven’t read yet.  That isn’t always true as sometimes I re-read a book and am amazed at what I missed the first time, or sometimes, how “life” has caused me to look at the same circumstances in a different way.

The same is really true of movies etc., while I don’t go to many movies and haven’t re-seen one for a long time, if I had the time, I would like to watch a movie a second time to see what i missed the first time, assuming I liked the general concept of the movie

Movies are another area where we “intend” to see a movie, but somehow miss it when it is at the theatre, miss it on TV and then never watch it on DVD.  

I think part of it is not wanting to commit the time to “only” watching a movie, we have gotten so used to “multi-tasking”, although I understand that actual “multi-tasking” is impossible.

Some things (such as watching a movie ) it tis impossible to “multi=task” at.  While I feel it is possible to work on two projects at once (I do it all the time), I think it probably isn’t really saving that much time, than if I just concentrated on finishing one project and then starting on the next one (or finishing a book and than watching a show etc.) 

On the other hand I know I had to get used to an environment of working on many\ different projects “at th same time” (Maybe said “in the same time period is the best way of putting it).

However, it is just  the way we work, so I believe it is good to learn  that way..

Beautiful day yesterday, except for the  wind.  Looking forward to another splendid day. 


That’s it for now, Sunday, February 8, 2015.         

No comments: