Thursday, February 19, 2015

Winter 2015 February 19 Thursday (Houses, Naps and Dreams)



28  degrees this morning 45:01 minutes walking

The second month of the year 2015 is already well over 50% over.  Time does move fast. It seems there ought to be a way of marking each month, maybe it wouldn’t go so fast. 

Life is kind of in maintenance mode right now.  In the process of making some major decisions as far not only on a another house, but even the  living concept change.  

We can either buy or least, which is a major decision right there.  We has have some other options available also, including buying (or renting) a house in an “over 55”area with lots of extra services, but still a single family home.  If the need ever arises, you could move from the single family house to an apartment type of unit.    Each of the alternatives has advantages and disadvantages.  

After touring the “over 55” complex, we both felt like we were spring chickens again, since we were about the youngest people in the place. 

Several of the alternatives would require major weeding of “things”, which may not be that big of a deal.  If I really used the “toothbrush test”, I could ,…

At last, if we decide to move, moving will be a lot simpler here than in past moves (I hope).  At least, we have gotten rid of a lot of stuff we won’t need to move again!

It has helped my frame of mine when I realized that the stuff I have isn’t valuable to anyone but me, and it may not be that valuable to me.  Keeping it in my memory may be enough.  

Got some more accounts at work today, it was like a late Christmas, or perhaps an especially good day at the mail box.  Usually we don’t get a lot more until after the first of the month, so this is good.   I like keeping busy, and I especially enjoy working the accounts and getting them processed in one way or the other so they are resolved.    I enjoy working with the people in getting the problems resolved.  

I am always amazed, and probably somewhat enjoy, the intense dreams I have when I take naps.  I wasn’t aware of how much of a role the environment plays in my dreams. 

The other night (this wasn’t a nap) I had slept for an hour or so and Aliene was watching tv.  Somehow, I incorporated something said on Tv into something she said in my dream.  I woke up and repeated my dream to Aliene and of course she recognized that I had attributed to her something I heard on TV.  In the dream, she definitely said it, not the TV, so somehow I heard the Tv and incorporated it into my dream. It seemed to be part of the dream, if that makes any sense.  (Dreams frequently don’t.)

When I take my “post walk” nap, I listen to music and I noticed that i incorporate the music int my dreams.

They say dreams have a purpose.  I think a lot of it has to do with processing information and perhaps filing away information for future use.  I have to believe it is a way of avoiding information overload, perhaps by deciding what is important and what isn’t.  I know anytime i am tired, the first thing that happens is I start getting  having dreams.

I think that may be why in my naps (most, except for my “post walk” nap are 10 to 15 minutes) I have intense dreams.  Most days, shortly before I start work, I take about a  5-8 minute nap, when I don’t recall dreaming quite so much, so I figure I must start dreaming at about the 8 to 10 minute mark and then wake up during the dream.   My “post walk” nap is usually around 27 to 34 minutes and includes some really intense dreams.  However, I am frequently a little draggy for a few minutes if I sleep much more than 27 minutes.

Who knows what it means.  Right now, I don’t worry about it, just enjoy it.

That’s it for now, Thursday, February 19, 2015.

                  




                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    



                              




No comments: