Saturday, February 07, 2015

Winter 2015 February 7 Saturday (Coffee Filters and Time)



49 Degrees this morning  44:57 minute walk

High wind for my walk this morning.  The wind makes it a lot cooler and it is difficult to dress appropriately, so I normally dress too warm.

Listening to the 3rd book of a trilogy “Edge of Eternity”.   He skipped the 50t’s all together and spent a lot of time on the Cuban Missile Crisis and the Berlin Wall.  It has been interesting and entertaining to listen to it as I walk.  

I hope to start walking longer soon, there is a stretch which is subject to the wind and I skip that part.  

The author of the Edge of Eternity (and in the first two books) brings up some interesting observations about the possible consequences of “economic sanctions” and punitive measures against countries.  

I don’t necessarily agree with him, but it is something I am going to investigate some more.

I am starting to think about my next book to listen to while I read, although I probably have about 20 more days with this book.

Great weather yesterday..  I was doing a “field day”, so it worked out well.  A little cool, but otherwise wonderful.

It is supposed to be good today also.

Slowly but surely, the winter is proceeding through to spring!

While February is still a month of very much winter weather, it is a time I can begin to think of Summer and how nice it will be when warm weather arrives again!  

Some years, one of these years, we are going to take a vacation in a warm climate in late January or early February. Maybe even a cruise.  We have always wanted to take a cruise but never had the time.  Now we, (after I build up enough leave) will have the time.  We aren’t sure if we would like it, but almost everyone we know that has gone a cruise loved it.

The main problem with waiting for Summer is that, literally until mid-May, there can still be a chill in the air and it can still be cold, even though the winter itself is long gone.

I was thinking this morning how time shows so fast in children etc., but it also shows gradually in things like coffee filters etc.  

I see a stack of coffee filters and wonder how long it will take me go get through them, but slowly and surely (assuming I use them) the stack of coffee filters disappears.

It is kind of like time, it disappears one day at a time, although time disappears whether you use it or not.  
I recently bought a box of small cups I use to avoid eating too much peanut butter. (instead of eating out of the jar, I only eat what I put into the cup.) The box has 2500 cups in it, so I was thinking if I average one per day, it will be 7 years before I finish the box.  

Slowly but surely, time passes, whether you use it or not.


That’s it for now, Saturday, February 7, 2015.

No comments: