Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Winter 2015 February 24 Tuesday (Snow, Dreams)


20  degrees this morning. No walk,  snow on ground and slick streets. 

A lot of snow yesterday, more than forecast.  It started with a light snow, as forecast, but then it didn’t stop and kept snowing.

I didn’t hear the number of inches, but it was enough  to make the streets slick and snow accumulate.  We have wonderful neighbors who shoveled our driveways for us without asking us.  I bring in her cart most trash days, but I didn’t really expect that !  (They did the sidewalk to the house and the entire driveway, which isn’t a small matter.)

Thank goodness for being able to work from home!

I had a very busy day, since I had a lot of paperwork, but as the snow continued, my chances of catching anyone by phone become unlikely.  I still was able to complete a lot of paperwork.  

For one night or so, being “snowed in” isn’t that bad, but I can’t even imagine what ti would be like to have the snows they have had in Boston and other areas. I don’t want to find out either!

I decided to try to keep track of my dreams and at least acknowledge what they are about, since I have to know what they are before I can analyze them.  Depending on the content, I’ll post them at the back of this.

The big problem with reviewing dreams is remembering what the dream was about long enough to get it down.  I’ve found dictating it is the fastest and retains the most. The big problem with this is the spelling of words,  etc.

We’ll see how it goes.  Maybe I”ll improve as time goes on as far as being able to docent my dreams and see if they mean anything .

I can’t help but feel there is some sort of rational basis for dreams having some meaning.  I will see.

It didn’t take me long to read USA Today on the iPad this morning.  I had zero interest (or maybe even negative) interest in the Oscars and I could care less who won, what won, what anyone wore and what anyone said.  

I don’t understand why they don’t have a separate section for all of the Oscar news, since it keep out a lot of other news.

(According to the  placement of the news, about six stores, including something about dresses, was more important than the threat on the shopping malls!)

What is always worse is the way they go on about it on tv about it.  (Even CNBC).  I finally turned the volume down even quit watching for awhile.  

I am always surprised at how fawning the announcers come across.  

I guess it is one of those awards that have assumed more of an importance than it deserves.

Now for my dream yesterday morning:
2-23-15:  Monday:

30 minute nap dream:  Dream  I was at Courter Reunion.  A lot of people I didn’t know were around.

I talked to a man (I vaguely knew who it was, but didn’t identify him in the dream) who was talking with me about some other cousins who had visited me and I apparently had gone out to eat with them and showed them some attractions.  He said he wished he had known they were in town, he would have come along.  I vaguely said something about it.

I go up and went in to eat in a large dining room.  There are a lot of people I didn’t know, most at tables by themselves or with one or two people.

Eleanor (Wherry) waved and I walked over to visit her.  

That was the crux of this dream.  No idea what it means.  

I’ll get better as time goes on at recording them (hopefully!)  I didn’t get my dream down last night or when I woke up this morning.  I’ll keep trying.  

That’s it for now, Tuesday, February 24, 2015.


No comments: