Friday, February 27, 2015

Winter 2015 February 27 Friday


20 Degrees (5 degrees wind chill) this morning 44;56 minutes walk

Strange thing happened today, on my way home from “in the field”, a big semi (a Pepsi truck) was existing and suddenly started to swerve  into my lane (like the driver had suddenly realized he was in the wrong lane and didn’t mean to exit).  The truck swerved back and exited.

it reminded me of my dream where a truck suddenly crosse the  road in front of me, except it was from left to right, not right to left as in my dream.  

Not likely the dream and what happened had any relationship of any sort, but it did cross my mind.  

I really don’t believe that dreams foretell anything, I think the closest it could get is a dream might signal some type of behavior or perhaps a threat or opportunity  that you aren’t otherwise aware of, some type of threat or opportunity  (either a person of situation) that you have at a subconscious level.

I think “awareness” is the real value of keeping track of your dreams.  I don’t have any doubt that dreams may be analyzing your environment and warning you of possible hazards or threads or weaknesses, trying to tell you of opportunities or just jogging your memory.

Now that i think of it I used to know someone (this was about 20 years ago) who could analyze dreams and even daydreams and many of his interpretations included dreams trying to warn you, both of problems and opportunities.  

Anyway, I didn’t remember any of my dreams yesterday so we’ll see.

Friday and the end of the month of February.  2015 is already two months old!  It doesn’t seem like any time has passed.

We have been here 8 months now and I have worked  for 6 months.  Even though it has passed fast,  somehow it seems like it has been longer than that, not in terms of time, but it just seems like it has been so much longer.  Not in a negative sense in any way.

I think it is the way of thinking where you suddenly realize you are measuring in years rather than months.   Obviously that is some time away!

Aliene was sick today, hope I don’t get it.  It at least appears it was one of those 24 hour things that you get.  

I can remember the times I been sick with the same thing, (as I mentioned earlier this month, the time a year ago in February when i got one that i will remember for a long time.  It is miserable.  Aliene is starting to feel better last night, able to eat a bit, although she wasn’t back to full feeling good.

I remember when I was sick last February, it made doing anything (literally even reading) impossible.  All I wanted to do was sleep and have some peace without being sick.  

We use an app called “My Fitness Pal” to record our exercise and eating.  I am now on a 73 day run and it reminds me if I forget that I “have until midnight” to record something if I don’t want to lose my string of days.  

This is definitely the longest I have kept a record every day on My Fitness Pal.  Hopefully it will help. 

Supposed to snow lightly today and heavier Sunday.  Our last snow was a lot more than they forecast, around 4.5 “ versus a forecast of 1-2. 
I’m ready for Spring.


That’s it for now, Friday, February 27, 2015 

No comments: