Sunday, February 22, 2015

Winter 2015 February 22 2015 Sunday


44 degrees this morning, 45:58 minute walk

Looked more at houses to yesterday.  Haven’t found the perfect house yet, at least one we have to have.  

As I have mentioned before, both renting and owning have advantages, but owning does have a lot of tax advantages plus we would be more free in what we can do with the property.   Leasing has fewer surprises and you don’t have to worry about maintenance.

Went to the “Writers Club” this morning.  It was very interesting and encouraging.  The overall presentation was on “self publishing” via the internet.  Of course, he emphasized you need something to publish before you can be all that interested in self-publishing!  

He also reviewed that as far as as reviewing a manuscript etc.  when you are the publisher you also need to arrange for editing, proof reading, the cover picture, marketing et.

The room was packed and it was interesting in being in a meeting with people with the same interest.

Of course, I really don’t have any interest in writing fiction, etc., it would have to be some type of non-fiction area.  Maybe travel articles, which would combine two of my favorite activities!  Anyway, it will give me something to brainstorm even if I never do anything.  

I do love to write, as I mentioned, there is a certain music and flow to writing that I love.  

Angela is really super at writing reviews of plays, movies and books.  I just can’t do it, or at least would really need a lot of training on it.  Angela must be a natural on this, because even when she was in high school, she could write excellent views of books and movies and later, plays.

I remember when she was about in the fifth grade, we went to see the movie “Turtle Diary’s”.  I

I fell asleep (sound familiar), not because the movie was boring, just because that is what happens sometimes.  Afterwards, Angela gave me a detailed review of the entire movie!  I was impressed!

However, that just isn’t one of my strong points, so I’ll stick with my good points.

One approach he mentioned was to start writing a blog about the subject (basically composing your future book), also a way to gauge about a future article or book.  i may try that.  (He didn’t mean a blog like this.)

I have a lot of ideas, I’ll just have to consider the negatives and positives for each one and decide if I want to commit the time and effort for it.  

Relatively good weather today, a little cool.  Compared to what we have seen in other areas, we are fine.

However, I am definitely ready for warm weather!  Hopefully, it won’t be long.  It may sound strange but there is a big difference in dressing for a cold weather walk and a warm weather walk!   Perhaps the time involved is the biggest negative. 

By the way, the Friday work day was fun and interesting.  I had a lot of new accounts in a new area.  and it intriguing.  My only problem is now I am behind on my paperwork, so I will need to have an intense office day Monday. 

That’s it for today, Sunday, February 22, 2015.








   

No comments: