Sunday, February 15, 2015

Winter 2015 February 15 Sunday



36 degrees this morning 45:22 minute walk

Beautiful day Saturday, I think the temperature got up into the  80’s.  Another day of the Winter of 2015 out of the way!  

It supposed to get cold or even “winterly” today or tomorrow.  

I really don’t see how people in Boston etc. stand living in the kind of winter they have, especially all the snow.

Saturday consisted primarily of funeral services for Aliene’s cousin, including the lunch, services etc.  If there is a way to do this right, they did it right.  It truly was a “celebration” of his life and family and friends gathering to say goodby and to recognize his importance in their lives and the world.  

Aliene and I started to look at houses, we realized that, especially if we buy a house, it is not tearily to find something, by the time we go through all the hoops of offers, inspections, getting a loan etc.  We saw some houses we liked, some we couldn’t afford etc.  

There are both positive and negatives to leasing and to owning, so we will just investigate and see which is best for us.

Looking at my books, wondering which ones I can still “weed”.  I read an article about how you can look at possessions that somehow take ownership of you rather than you control them, as they somehow assume an importance that is difficult to understand.  

As the author noted, once you read a book, you think how much you would enjoy reading it again.  True, but you probably won’t read it again.  As the author mentioned, you can donate them to the library and let the library take care of them!  (Not literally, since most of the books are probably sold for fund raisers, but the thing is, the few books you want ot re-read are  available if you really want to read them.  

There are a few books that I will keep just because I like the book (unfortunately I feel that way about all of them), but I am going to have to set priorities.  

Same with clothes etc.  and other possessions.

Also, I have to think what my friend mentioned to me, that people just don’t care that much for antiques or “stuff”.  (I don’t have many, if any, antiques, I do have a lot of “stuff”

We are looking at a number of living alternatives, all of which could be substantially different in concept, space and  style. 

I think a major thought is just having he flexibility to do what we eventually decided to do,                 and the less stuff we have, the more flexibility we have


That’s it for now, Sunday, February 15, 2015         

No comments: