Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Winter 2015 February 25 Wednesday



26 degrees this morning 45:32 minutes walking.

Hesitated to walk this morning due to ice, but it was actually very good.

Wednesday, for some reason, it seems like it has been a long week, even though it has been a relatively good week and work has  really been interesting and busy.  I think it is the snow and ice  limitations.  

I really miss my walk, I realize it is a ritual I follow literally every day, so missing it makes a big difference in my day.  It was good to get back to it this morning.  

I always think how I can use the hour or so, and then I usually end up piddling it away, although I do get some things done. 

Didn’t do a good job of recording my dreams, just a squib here and there.  I will plan on keeping at it and see if it is worth it.

Weather yesterday (and hopefully today) was nice.

Plan on a field day today.  What is unusual is that it will be the first time I have worked this area for an entire field day.  It will be interesting.  A whole new group of people to deal with.  

I am surprised at how fast word gets around in my regular area.  I understand why everyone in the mall knows who I am, but it seems like (to a small extent), word passes throughout the different businesses.  Fortunately most of it is relatively positive considering what I have to do sometimes.

I really enjoy the “helping” part, where you assist persons with procedures etc.  It is not unusual at all to have someone say “they are so glad to see me”, since they had a question and, like many people just didn’t call, in spite of all the information provided.  

The website is actually very up to date and helpful, I go to it just to look around and get background.  If I try to think like a business person it helps me anticipate questions or problems.  

The book on China is especially interesting since it involves relatively recent actions.  One rather shocking statistic (if true) is that since 1990 over 18,000 corrupt officials had fled China after stealing $120 billion!  It supposedly was a secret internal report.

The book is about a lot more than that, it was written by a journalist who was the China news reporter for the Nw Yorker, so he had access to a lot of information others probably don’t.

Aliene and I have been keeping Great-Grandchildren occasionally, so it has been very interesting, actually very enjoyable.  

As I have mentioned before, it is amazing to see the growth and development of children, Sometimes in a matter of weeks there are major changes.

Occasionally I meet someone (an adult) who displays the wonder that children have about their world, and it is interesting that they have maintained that sense of wonder and interest that children display.  

Not much to report on my dreams.  This morning, by the time I got my dream down, the only event I remember is I was in an older model car that had been highly modified with bars on the front.   That is literally all I remember.  

The other dream, I dreamed I was standing in kind of a shower type  building (the outdoor type, if here is such a thing) but i wasn't talking a shower, I was taking movies of something outside the shower.  The shower (that I call it that, it might have been something else) was made of purple and white tiles and didn’t really have a door.  Later, a woman (also fully dressed and not taking a shower) was taking movies of something i couldn’t see.

Then I was (in a car?) an a big semi truck had a  wreck in front of me, or at least it recklessly crossed in front of me. 

No idea what it all means, somewhat like life I guess!


That’s it for now, Wednesday, February 25, 2015

No comments: