Friday, February 20, 2015

Winter 2015 February 20 Friday (Sands of Time, Options and Challenges)


38 Degrees this morning  46:49 minutes walking

Friday, another week gone before we know it.  Just like the months go by.

While I never watched it, I always liked the title of the soap opera “The Sands of Time” and the opening of it, although I don’t recall the exact words.  

(Actually, I looked it up and the title was “The Days of our Lives” and the opening was “Like Sands through the hourglass so are the Days of our Lives”.  I don’t know a thing about the soap opera, but that was an impressive beginning!  Very descriptive.)

Perhaps I have been aware of that all my life.  I’m not sure if I feel more so or less so as I get older.  I think the older you get, the fewer alternatives you have, so you have more time to reach your goals.  I’m not really sure if that makes any sense, I’ll have to think on that!

A variety weekend ahead, I am going to the library book sale tonight, and am going to a Writers Club meeting Saturday where they discuss self-publishing, which should be interesting.

I’m not sure if I have the same goals on writing as when I was younger (make that I don’t have the same goals), I am still interested in learning about it and perhaps doing something.

We will probably also look at some houses and we know we know we will discuss houses and our options, including staying where we are at.

It is nice to have options.  I think the problem is we know once we actually buy a house, our options are a lot more limited (or disappear), so we have to be careful, without being so careful we don’t do anything!  

I think that is always the problems with decisions, whatever decision you make, you limit your future decisions, 

Strange the things I learn that I should have known.  Until it was mentioned in the audiobook I am listening to in the morning, I never realized that “LP” record meant “Long Playing” record!  For some reason I never really even thought about it or wondered what “LP” meant.

Looking at my books again.  I will need to restrain myself tonight and this weekend and avoid buying any new books.

Just looking at the books, while I can understand why I kept many of them (some I will keep no matter what), I see many I can dispose of.  I am going to have to be ruthless in “weeding” books and other things and realize they are always available on the internet.

I think part of the attraction of the books is that  I know they are there, and if the desire hits me, I can just pick up a favorite book and read it.  

I loved having a lot of new accounts for work yesterday.  It is hard to explain, it is just the process of working them is “fun” or perhaps like a challenging puzzle.  Every one of them is different, has different people involved, and has a different solution, but you learn from each one.

I try a varied approach, usually picking the absolute hardest ones (I think) to resolve  while picking some really easy ones (I think) to resolve so I feel like I’m making progress.

Like life, sometimes the hard ones are the easiest ones to resolve and sometimes the easiest ones turn out to be the hardest ones!  

I think I look at each account as a challenge to be resolved.

That’s it of now, Friday, February 20, 2015. 


No comments: