Thursday, February 12, 2015

Winter 2015 February 12 Thursday

 30 degrees this morning.  45:56 minutes walking

Colder air is coming in as Winter weather is apparently returning here.  Definitely noted the change to colder weather.

My office (at my house) has a tendency to run hotter than the rest of the house. That has been fine this winder, but may create some discomfort as the weather changes.  (It also gets colder in summer.)

I am reading a book about China and saw a reference to “The Call” , which apparently is what they call it when foreigners become intrigued with China.  Apparently it is not something new.  

Fro some reason my newspapers are arriving relatively early, although nothing like the service I got in Lakeland.  At least, on a normal day, I can finish reading the papers before I go to work.  

Of course, the problem with newspapers is that my interest in the articles “expands with the time available”  (I think I”m saying that right.)  I can skim them, or read more throughly, depending time available.

I’ve found that if I set something aside until I get “A round tuit”, the “round quit” never comes, so I try to read it when I first read it, or if I notice something I”d like save, I put it in Evernote or my reminders.

A wonderful thing about e-newspapers is that  it is easy to s ave information you want later.  Of course, so it is easy and you save too much and don’t get “a round tu it” so the cycle starts again until I purge every thing in a year of so!

I still enjoy reading the paper, although I also like the USA Today web site.  With all of the videos, stories about sports and “celebrities” disguised  as news, it is a quick read, but has some good information sometime, especially about apps etc.

The local paper is offering a $500 bonus to new newspaper carriers, so at least they are trying to recruit some better news carriers.  Except for the time of delivery, I can’t complain about the current carriers.

We realized today how soon we will have to make a decision about our house.  We obviously aren’t looking forward to moving, but will if they try to raise the rent too much or don’t get the driveway fixed.  Or if we find something we really like. Or some combination.  Probably in the overall scheme of things we would like to stay here unless we can find a house we really like.

I like a lot of things about owning a house, including the  tax benefits and that we can make changes we want, but our major concern is earthquake damage.  

We like the location here, the neighborhood and the house, so it would take just the right house to get us to move, if the rest stays the same and and the driveway is fixed.  We are lucky that the management company is really excellent.

I actually forgot that this weekend is a 3 day weekend (Presidents Day).  It will be nice to have a three day weekend.  

I always consider the time after Presidents Day as the “dry period”, since there are no Holidays until Memorial Day, I think the longest period between any holidays.

Of course, there is Spring, etc., so there are a lot of good things to this time period also!


That’s it for now, Thursday, February 12, 2015.

No comments: