Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Winter 2015 February 10 Tuesday




45  degrees this morning. 45:29 minutes walking

It is interesting how the Internet/Web is replacing my memory for trivia etc.  I notice it in other people  also. 

I simply don’t bother to remember or even write down many items because I know I can find it on the internet faster than I could locate it in any files, even Evernote.

Of course, it also replaces all kind of paper reference books.  

It is convenient and quick to search the web and there are some things I probably would’n even brother to look up if is wasn't  for search engines. 

I like to think if it wasn’t for the search engines I would have a shelf of encyclopedias.  I probably would have but I’m not sure how often I would use them.

I am amazed at what I can find by using even snippets of words or parts of a phrase or name.  

Of course, the problem sometimes is you have five different answers and then you have to decide which is the right one!  Sometimes, they even contradict each other.

I have to comment on the Brian Williams (NBC Anchor) situation.  While I can understand people being upset, angry, disappointed or whatever, and certainly critical,  I really don’t understand the vicious, petty and unwarranted attacks on him.  

If the persons doing the attacks were perfect, they may have a  a reason, but they aren’t.

It isn’t just Brian Williams and NBC news, it is the general reaction on anything like this.  

Certainly it is hard for the cable tv news networks to claim they are so respectable when they lie about their stories, and exaggerate or even make up the facts to suit their point of view.  

I really preferred the time when the news media at least gave the appearance of being neutral and just give the news.  I really don’t need news “interpreted” for me.

Just beautiful weather here.  I went outside today for a little bit and set on the patio and it was wonderful.  Not near as nice as the Lakeland house patio, but, I’ll have to work with what I have.

Cold weather is coming in, but we’ll enjoy the wonderful weather we have here. 

Today will be a “field day”, so I hope the wonderful weather holds today!

Doing my taxes and seeing the impact of taxes on retirement income, if they give a “tax holiday” to businesses to bring money back to the United States, I hope they also give a limited “tax holiday” for retirement income also.  (Lower taxes to move it to an IRA or even just to withdraw it so everything doesn’t cost 30% more!

I certainly am encouraging anyone who will listen that a Roth IRA is the only way to go, other than if the employer gives a “match” for other retirement plans.


That’s it for now, Tuesday, February 10, 2015

No comments: