Friday, November 01, 2013

Fall 2013 November 1, 2013

57 degrees, no rain.
Friday, the weekend awaits.  I look forward to the weekends, more as an opportunity to catch up than R &R although I certainly get some of that also.
On November 1, 2001, I started working in Lakeland.  Both Aliene and I have enjoyed the 12 years and I continue to really enjoy working here, so it was a  good move for us.  Lakeland is substantially different from the previous city I worked for (nothing against my previous city, that is just a fact), so I learned a lot in dealing with different expectations and different procedures.  
New iPod is out today and I decided to go ahead and get one.  i currently have an "iPod 1" (otherwise known as the "original" iPod, so it is time. I am keeping my old iPod (it is worthless anyway) as a music/audio book device and as an e-book etc.  I got my iPod from T-Mobile since it includes 200mb of data service.  It was quite a shock to have to pay $72 in sales tax, hopefully Lakeland will get it's share and not Memphis or Arlington (due to the ZIP situation).
I am working hard at giving my books access to a new owner.  It is so hard to get rid of books, even if I think they are going to a new owner who will read and appreciate them like I do.  Knowing I have access to e-books helps some, but....

No comments: